2.5 release candiate images for Lighthouse and ORx

All right, although it is puzzling that version 2.5a2 worked the best of all the Lighthouse versions before it, and version 2.5rc3 was a bust for me.

I’m about half way through checking my hard drive and will report back when it is finished. Ken

Just a side question - I know I can’t migrate backwards using the USB stick method, but if I use the SD chip method with the boot file and 2.5a2 image, then plug my hard drive in, should I be able to recover to the pre 2.5rc3 state? Ken

Yeah, SD card method is the only method if you want to flash an older version.

My hard drive had no problems. I did a restore to Lighthouse Version 2.5a2, and restarted it with my hard disk plugged in, and all my old files came back. Also, new files started appearing in the Library as Pages. Also, my Lighthouse is reporting in on your Service Status web page.

Wish you luck figuring this one out. :joy: Ken

:sob:

By the way, this is what I got running the echo command on my Lighthouse running version 2.5a2:

Using username “outernet”.
[email protected]’s password:
outernet@outernetrx:~$ echo -ne ‘\0’ | nc local:/var/run/ond
d.ctrl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>/mnt/data/downloadsouternet@outernetrx:~$

2.5a2 does not support multiple storages, so you’d always get /mnt/data/downloads.

A post was split to a new topic: 2.5rc2 fails on step 3 of the wizard

Related to Ken’s report, we found the problem. Will be fixed in rc4.

Branko, when 2.5rc4 comes out, would it be best for me to start with a clean reformated hard drive so I have no residual problems to confuse things? Ken

2.5 is supposed to handle upgrades from odler version, so let’s try that first.

OK - - I’ll just do the USB stick upgrade routine. Ken

Another interesting issue is Outernet Service Status is not seeing my Lighthouse. I know that because when I turn it off for 2 5 minute report cycles, the number of reporting stations doesn’t change. In the past, I would note a reduction in one reporting station when I tuned mine off.

Check to see if I’m in your list. Here’s my key

Using username “outernet”.
[email protected]’s password:
outernet@outernetrx:~$ cat /mnt/persist/monitoring.key
6f67d3bf-d837-4fcb-b795-9987bd74d2c6outernet@outernetrx:~$

Ken

What does it say when you do:

grep monitor /var/log/syslog

Ken,
You are one of the two reported users for Galaxy 19. If your LH remains shutdown for another 10 minutes, the number will reduce by 1, unless someone else joins in on the party.

RC4 is being uploaded. Should have fixed the issue you were seeing. If it doesn’t fix it, try unplugging and plugging back in the hard drive while receiver is still on.

OK I’m fine here. I puzzled for awhile because I couldn’t find the transmission detail in my app log this morning. It was probably there, but buried under all the Tweets received. Ken

Thank you - - I’m downloading it now. By the way, what is in the corresponding small MD5 files?

It’s an md5 hash for verifying file integrity.

You need an md5sum command http://etree.org/md5com.html

Then you download both .pkg and .md5 files into the same folder, open command prompt, go there and go like:

md5sum -c outernet-rx-<version>.md5

It tells you whether the file was downloaded correctly.