John Dortch WB4NLD
Kingston Springs, TN

Jose Malave | KM4OOD
West Palm Beach, FL

vy73 from Vienna/Austria
de OE1MIS

Jason Means
W8KTM - Charleston, WV

KN4PYV checking in. 3 dreamcatchers on the way.

Canā€™t wait to compare price/performance against the INMARSAT on our boat. Access to high res wind data (GRIB) is priceless at sea, but costs a small fortune for a few MBā€¦

Second unit going to a HAM friend in Hawaii.

Evaluating third for integration into our edge-RF nodes at SkyScraper.

1 Like

Hi hello
SQ5PE
Warsaw Poland
KO02le

Iā€™m new here, thinking about getting the kit - KD8BXP - SW Ohio - fairly in-active on the radio, I play around a with arduinos, raspberry pi, linux, and hobby robots, and a few quad-copters just because.

I hope some of us had an opportunity to listen to the 11:30 UTC 5 July 2020 transmission on 17.2 kHz from the 100 year old Alexanderson alternator in Grimeton, Sweden - - call sign SAQ. The Association does two broadcasts a year - - this one and a Christmas Eve transmission.

You can watch a YouTube Live video of the event at Live from SAQ Grimeton - Alexanderson Day 2020 11.30 UTC - YouTube Ken

PS - - I post this today because Grimeton is an important part of our Amateur Radio heritage.

1 Like

KJ6BSQ here. Just heard of this project!

KD6O hereā€¦ proud to be aboard!

VE2GQF Gilles FN45

KM6MO Jim

N8PWI - Michigan

APRS question: I already have my call sign going out to OUTNET and I can see the results - How do I have OUTNET display my LAT/LONG so someone can read it out an post on a map? Right now, I have my home QTH beaconing, but that does not move (who would have known?), but as I get more into hiking, camping, hunting, and kayaking alone, I want to be able us my tracker to try to get my location out. Any thoughts? I am also trying to maximize my chance of getting out using space-borne platforms. Any thoughts on the correct path(s)? I seen ARISS, SGATE, APRSAT and of course WIDE2-1 as a suggestions of different paths and of course, I have to have OUTNET in the mix.

The tracker has two paths - for my terrestrial path I use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,OUTNET with a beacon rate of 120 seconds. Currently struggling with the space-borne path - currently using ARISS,SGATE,WIDE2-1,OUTNET with a beacon rate of 30 seconds. Is the order correct? Should I add APRSAT into the path? To complicate (or help), the TinyTrak allows the tracker to switch back and forth between the two paths, but still on the same frequency. This means I can modify my terrestrial path to sort of capture what I cannot get with my space-borne path - but I do not want to hinder my terrestrial path unduly. Remember, I want to maximize my chances of 1st, hitting a space-borne platform on 145.825, 2nd getting it into OUTNET, 3rd getting into APRS-IS. I go hiking, fishing, and hunting from an off-the-grid cabin, and want to be able to use the OTHERNET as a display method.
IF it helps, you can always email me direct at [email protected] but my guess is that the information may be helpful to many.

Hi, I run a digipeater that beacons just often enough to keep it on the aprs-is map, by default it disappears after 30 minutes, so I beacon every 1790 seconds (just shy of 30 minutes). I donā€™t have OUTNET included in my home qth beacon because it really doesnā€™t have information that needs space-borne transmission.

I like your idea of including a lat/long in any mobile device . The lat/long is included by default in most formats. I think even the truncated Mic-E format that is used by some of my radios.

I like seeing your signals on the othernet messages since it verifies that it is working correctly.

I just found out about this project yesterday and should be ordering a board in next few days. 73s,
KJ4DNC

KE5YRV Central Oklahoma, USA https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p180x540/102372681_1166727333678244_1023022061280296960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AYTOQrq3DNMAX-p58tK&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&tp=6&oh=d9534a831cbb50e2338c8f91365443b2&oe=5F83E257

1 Like

Great set up. Ken

DG1KTG here

EI7DKB. Another Ham here. Been involved in Satellite TVRO since 1981