CHIP No Show Should I Cancel?

Well, I’m back. Still no CHIP from The Next Thing Company. Has anyone received a board lately? I’ve been waiting almost 6 months. Maybe I should sign up for the new $99 Receiver Kit? I would appreciate an update on the still great idea of Internet for all. I had an RPi as the computer, the patch, the LNA, and SDR. RPI is now removed, and the all other stuff I have kind of laying around.
Thanks,
Don … W6RWN

I have seen a few posts on NTC forums, saying they received their order. The order numbers were in the 30000s though. I wouldn’t cancel though. Even if you get the new dreamcatcher board you can always sell the CHIP when it arrives, for a decent profit. I don’t expect any more CHIPs from NTC for at least a year, while they design and produce CHIP 2.0.

I see. Better info from you than from CHIP support. They just say don’t worry, we have your order number. We will ship soon. I must have sent 5 or more emails, all with the same reply.

When will Dream Catcher board be available?

I’m not sure.

Sign up for the outernet newsletter (bottom of outernet.is website), and follow this thread:

http://forums.outernet.is/t/introducing-dreamcatcher-see-picture/3447

I ordered a CHIP from the next thing company in late december of 2016 and received it in late April 2017 (—and it works fine, having flashed it with the outernet flasher on a VM).