DiSEqC option for tuning

Hello,

I’m trying Outernet software and I need “DiSEqC” option for tuning satellite receiver (I have several LNBs). In web interface isn’t available neither into /opt/orx/ondd.conf file.

Regards,
Josep

1 Like

This is definitely a question for @branko , as he uses DiSEqC to control his dish.

We are aware of the issue, though we don’t have a solution just yet. There’s bare-minimum and untested support for passing azimuth to ONDD (there’s an <azimuth> element in the configuration file), but, as I said, it’s untested, and it’s just azimuth, which needs to be calculated from location data and orbital position of the bird (and maybe some other factors as well).

EDIT: there are also multiple flavors of positioners (some aren’t even DiSEqC), and they all work differently.

You can take a look to Prog Finder program (Prog Finder / Products), well organized options for switch, USALS…

I recommend add two fields more to xml data:

<switch>
    <type></type>
    <port></port>
</switch>

To interface add a section called “switch” and inside two dropdown list fields (switch type and port)

Type: None, 22khz switch (2 ports), DiSEqC 1.0 (4 ports), DiSEqC 1.1 (16 ports)
Port: according to type

Switch cases:

Type: None
Port: No available

Type: 22khz switch (2 ports)
Port: Port 1 (22 Khz Off), Port 2 (22 Khz On)

Type: DiSEqC 1.0 (4 ports)
Port: Port 1 (Option A/Position A), Port 2 (Option A/Position B), Port 3 (Option B/Position A), Port 4 (Option B/Position B)

Type: DiSEqC 1.1 (16 ports)
Port: Port 1, Port 2, …, Port 16

I don’t know ondd source code but it exists a library to help, at libdvbv5: dvbv5-zap.c you can see an example, you use field “sat_number” to adjust port type.

Other sites to watch:

Regards,
Josep

Grrr, new users only two links!!!

Other sites to watch (II):

Other sites to watch (III):

Thanks a bunch for the links. Sorry about the link limit per post. That’s a spam protection measure by the software.