DIY Antenna Reflectors and Horns

Hi Syed,

Can I get a refund on my Lantern backing?

Left a comment on indiegogo, contacted you on indiegogo, emailed the othernet website…no reply yet…

If you check any one of them you should be able to tell which backer i am and how much to refund me.

I just found something interesting

The Beach Behemoth Giant 12Ft Inflatable Ball

• Brand:VEVOR
  • Material: 0.2mm PVC
  • Net Weight: 3kg/6.6lb
  • Gigantic:Measuring 12 feet from pole to pole
  • Diameter: 8Ft/240cm
  • US$80 free delivery on an auction site
    Cut open and coat the natural inner 2m dish with a high aluminum paint and then with a dark color. It might be necessary to tape and inflate fully for the next step of using PVC tube cemented to patches with glue(acetone/dissolved PVC scrap) to suspend and keep the LNB aimed. Alternatively patch in a flexible reflective layer at the equator and use differential pressure to curve it into a 2.5m dish with easier external LNB placement like the GATR dish-ball(watch the video attached). This might be patented(almost certainly is) so it will remain one of those DIY only solutions. The user can also paint the outside if they wish to reduce the loudness of the ‘ball’ in their yard. I would love to see some of our northern users in Canada and Alaska outside the official footprint try this out!

VS $$$
satball

It makes me wish there was an amateur geostat to use this with, you need all the antenna gain you can get when fighting the inverse-square law, operating on a QRP TX budget, and minimum range is 35,786km.

I believe you were refunded a few days ago.

This has proven to be pretty reliable and does not require a tie-down under most weather conditions.

1 Like