Fortunately I read most of these threads first. So when I saw behavior I did not understand at first, I was then ok. My BIG note: If I align the antenna correctly with the azimuth, I get enough of a signal to then adjust my elevation. I used an android satellite finder. It was right on the money. I am going to hold off on the new release until I get more familiar with how it is supposed to work. Way to go Outernet team!
The new release is really very nice and has many bugs fixed. You should give it a try
@Abhishek What do you think about a new tag line: Outernet: Works right out of the box!
I have to admit that I downloaded everything to flash the CHIP last night.
Also, the tag line looks good, Syed.
OK. I flashed the new firmware. Looking good!
Well, I was ok on the first flash. Changed the network settings to join my wireless network, did not work. So, I reflashed the chip. OK, except now I can’t lock onto a signal. Have tried inside and outside, no go. Any ideas would be appreciated.
To be on the safe side, I reflashed. It’s too cold to go outside now. Otherwise, Skylark is coming up, it likes being an AP, so I am leaving that alone for now. Hopefully I will have better luck with the patch antenna pointing tomorrow.
which satelitte are you on @homepark ??
I have just found that I can only JUST see 25E from the UK. It just suddenly went away! … Maybe there is a problem with the bird and NOT our equipment
I was on the one for the Americas (98). I was wondering about the feed going to the birds, because over the last few days, I could just set my azimuth, and get enough of a signal to adjust the elevation. Not since this a.m.
I am definatley seeing a MUCH weaker signal from the satellite (on different transponders too) so I don’t think it is related to the uplink - Mine is different bird anyway LOL!
Bed time for me now
OK. Today I took everything apart, put it in my temp enclosure (a clear plastic box) and am getting 8-9 snr. Yay
My 2+ amp USB charger came in, so I am on mains power, in the “custom” enclosure. I will be up 24/7 from now on. Yay!
I wish I could say similar things. A few files were downloaded the day I assembled DIY kit. I have not been able to lock on and living with hope that I might be able to in the clean sky in my hometown in the mountains.
All I can offer is that I have found the azimuth heading (direction) to be critical. A compass of some sort really is needed. Being off more than a degree or two can make the difference. It is very cold here today, 12F, and I have the whole setup in a clear plastic box. I align the edge of the antenna with the compass reading. One day, I could never seem to get a signal. The next, I started all over again and have a signal that ranges from 8db to 11db. Don’t give up. Persistence is a virtue.
Hmmm It seems that there is a LOT of variance of the signal… I have not touched mine since I put it all back in a box outside this morning, and it was 2-3 SNR then… I have seen it up as high as 7 at times today … right now it is pushing 8!!
I put it back at is “default” configuration outside because it went form 9 to to 1 from my outside antenna…
The noise floor seems to come & go …