Does any of the satellites cover Pakistan

It has probably something to do with the import of the “Type” of communication equipment into the country. If it is approved equipment then it provides a legal cover for its import and resale or use within the country.

1 Like

It is not legal everywhere in the world to listen to every broadcast or even to possess equipment that
can listen to every broadcast. In many countries it originally was illegal to receive satellites without a
special permit, and while in e.g. Europe of course this was lifted with the advent of satellite broadcasting
to the home, in other countries it may still be regulated.
Other examples are receiving cellphone transmissions and communication of public services.

1 Like

I built my own patch panel antenna and connected the device just to get to know if it takes me anywhere.
My LNA is expected to arrive in about two to three weeks and this time i made it sure that it is the right (outernet) one.
The SDR I am using is also not a good one I am told but at this stage i only want to check things.

I saw once or twice the white bar attempting to lock but it did not stay - disappeared immediately. My antenna is also not completely in the open. Will keep on experimenting.

Does the figures shown on the left have any reasonable values with some hope for improvement?

Thanks in advance,

LK

Once you connect the LNA you should be in good shape. The antenna does need a clear shot at the sat.

I am from India and I want to setup outernet receiver using Ku(c band) .please tell me hardware requirements and software needed

Outernet no longer uses Ku band.

Hi,

I have connected this SDR to my freshly arrived nooelec LNA but the LNA is not receiving any power. I just want to know if this is a software switching that enables power from this SDR to LNA or it does not have any power that can be provided to LNA. Would I need to buy a new SDR now?

LK

what SDR are you using now?

@zoltan the sdr is exactly the same as pictured in one of the post above (blue coloured). DVB-T+FM+DAB 820T2 & SDR.

LK

okay, then I still can say exactly the same like on 25th of January :slight_smile:
http://discuss.outernet.is/t/does-any-of-the-satellites-cover-pakistan/3016/16?u=zoltan

Plus adding that this cheap dongle doesn’t have external bias tee support. If you have soldering tools and skills for SMD components then you can try to modify it to bias tee ready, but still there is no TCXO so reception will be very challanging or never happen with the on board 20ppm xtal instead of 1ppm TCXO.

@zoltan Thank you so much for your prompt response. I do have soldering tools and skills - could you please point me to where i can solder a jumper or something else on this SDR to provide power to LNA. I do understand TCXO issues you have raised and I will certainly try to purchase an Outernet SDR soon but meanwhile i would like to keep things going. Thank you once again.
LK

For bias tee I advise a Murata 0402 120nH inductor: LQW15ANR12J00D or anything which has high impedance around 1545 MHz

Solder it to the SMA port and connect other end to 5V or 3.3V on the board around the LDO:
http://www.rtl-sdr.com/new-inline-low-noise-amplifier-design-rtl-sdr-rtl-sdr-power-injector-modification/