Dreamcatcher 3.0 Satellite for Europe

@Tysonpower Thank you so much for this tipp! I changed the frequency and now I finally have a signal. Seems I made the same mistake.

three green status balloons in europe on http://status.othernet.is/
13:30 edt 7/15/2019
at least on the snr map

good job

hahaha it’s such a stupid mistake, but you just don’t realise it xD Happy it helped!

1 Like

I’m the only one with a green frame lock in the EU, feeling a bit lonely :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Tyson - - I think when the signal testing is complete and Othernet puts up real traffic you’ll all be surprised at how useful it is. Take a look at my on-line terminal to see what it offers - - I’ve port forwarded it. It lives at http://71.206.20.63/ Ken

1 Like

Thanks Ken, had Othernet before while it was on L-Band and i found it very nice :slight_smile:

I just dug out the very first LNB I bought as a template for the design of my tracking device and it works much better than the Maverick and my new Octagon. Seems I have a stable lock with it now.

Othernet%20Status

SNRs of -7.25 dB sound low, but really are not a problem. The threshold of lock is around -13 dB of SNR.

Parabolic dishes and cones improve the SNR, but still values around -10 dB work fine. With a -7.25 dB, you’ll be well locked! Ken

Note: Higher SNR’s (above -6) won’t increase bitrate. We are broadcasting at 16kbps.

Is all boards are tested QC before shipping ???
I changed LNB … no need to change cable as my cable works with another LNB and PC / DVB / STB.
Is the led 5 blinking indicates that LNB signal is received or just an “electric power” Indicator ?
How can i know if a signal from the lnb is received on board easily ?

LED 5 and 6 should flash rapidly if it receives. You can see if a signal is received either on the Touchscreen (if you have a version with one) or in a webbrowser under Tuner status.

I also tried 3 different LNBs with very different results. With the one that came with the Dreamcatcfher I had no signal at all. A new one I specially bought was very bad and the best results and a 100 % lock I had with the cheapest one I could find. It is a SatConn High Performence SHQ-101 Single LNB, which is available on ebay for 5,55 €. And at the beginning I set the frequeny wrong. When I couldn’t get a signal I also startet wondering if my Dreamcatcher was faulty, but it really took me some time and a tip from Tysonpower to figure out how to set it up properly.

Fixed !!!

So slowly i went back on roof for the dish , and i took a direct line to one stb tuner on 23.5 to be sure.
Then i swapped with the DC , and no signal , seems there is bad contact with the LF->LNA adapter…
I make a cable by my own LF - > LNA and now i have signal …

SNR : 1.25 db
RSSI : -77 db

:slight_smile:

Here is my setup & signal debug info.

I use LNB universal ( not the MK1 shipped with the Dreamcatcher ).

Not anymore :slight_smile:

Nice! So it was a cable/connector failure. Well that happens :slight_smile:

@Martin i would recommend to use a PLL LNB, anythig else is just bad. Are they all PLL?

Othernet Test Signals seems to be gone now so the test is Complete? @Syed ?

Decoded over 3 Million packtes with the LNB indoors :slight_smile:

@Tysonpower The new Octagon LNB I bought is a PLL. But I don’t know if the SatConn I use now is one. I just had it lying around still and it was my last try to get a lock. Still it is working very good compared to the other ones.

@Tysonpower Yes, they pulled the plug earlier today.

So any schedule planned ? Or we just need to wait now early setpember ? :slight_smile: