Received the Dreamcatcher kit on Saturday, and got everything running, but no signal was detected inside the house. Tested outside this morning and was only able to get a SNR of about -13 or -14 which didn’t provide a consistent lock. We are located in far southeastern Arizona and on the southern fringe of the 48 dBW contour for SES2.
So the next step was to build a horn based on the recommendtion for fringe areas in the User Guide and am now seeing an SNR in the -9 to -10 range with Rssi of -81. Lock is very good and packet error is low.
I added a small cardboard frame to the horn I built (cardboard and aluminum foil) to help maintain stability.
The evolution since the days when I was using a CHIP and airgap on L-band are impressive. Am listening to the VOA as I write this - never anticipated audio would become available.
Glad I decided to try this new Dreamcatcher to see the progress achieved in the past couple of years.