I’m trying to get Dreamcatcher working for the first time and running into problems with both the SD card that came with it and another card I flashed with Skylark Release 4.4 on it.
• The Outernet wifi network shows up, but trying to connect to http://my.outernet.is yields:
“Your receiver doesn’t seem to have reported in. Err: null”
What’s causing this?
• The lights on the Dreamcatcher are:
- LED 11 is red
- LED 10 is mostly solid green but I’ve seen it blink occasionally
- LED 12 USB H: green
- LED 1 packets: off (the board is indoors without the antenna connected.)
- LED 2 Lock: flashing red
- LED 3, 4, 5, 6: Off
- LED 7 USR1: flashes only during startup
- LED 8 USR2: flashes
- LED 9 Power: white
• I tried to connect via the mini USB-serial port to Windows 10.
Device Manager shows"CDC Composite Gadget" with the bad driver icon. I haven’t been able to find a driver that works with Windows 10 - 64bit. The URL to a driver in one of the posts on this forum is broken.
One of the driver-update sites found a driver but the install reported that it was an incompatible version. Another driver that I found was reported to have a virus. I tried several .inf files but they weren’t seen by Device Manager’s > Update Driver.
Anyone have a working link to a driver?
• I connected the mini USB-serial to an Ubuntu Mate laptop that I’m not very familiar with. (I’m a Linux novice.) That caused the laptop to report that it now had a Wired Ethernet Connection and it dropped the wireless connection.
Is that what should happen?
• dmesg | grep tty
• But there’s not a ttyACM0 file in the /dev folder or anyplace else that I can find.
• lsusb yields
Bus 001 Device 008 (stuff removed) Linux-USB CDC Composit Gadge (Ethernet and ACM)
I haven’t had any luck opening a connection with PuTTY.
What do I enter to connect to USB Bus 1 Device 8, or ttyACM0. 9600 baud?