Dreamcatcher on sale

Great concept. How well doew it work in reality. My feeling on LORA is that it will probably work well in the beggining but will be very quickly crowded out by users not following the power limits correctly.

A little bit like CB became unusable.

2 Likes

I agree, 802.3af compliant PoE Ethernet would be very useful. This way, the receiver can be powered from up to 328 feet away with an optional COTS PoE injector. For us city dwellers, it helps to be able to disguise the DreamChaser as a TV satellite receiver dish. We have neighborhood HOA (home ownerā€™s associations) that hate all sorts of antennas except for TV satellite dishes.

Regarding your comment, is the Dreamcatcher still going to be relevant after this change?

1 Like

Not immediately, but we intend to offer an add-on device to make it relevant.

1 Like

The anticipation is great. I like the above ā€œteaserā€ post

1 Like

Now that Dreamcatcher is sold out, the phrase ā€œadd-on deviceā€ will not be relevant to newbies just starting out. Come on Syed, we need a peek through the wraps of your present! :grinning:

1 Like

We have a last bit of link testing to do. Hoping to provide an update in the next two weeks.

1 Like

No problem. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Oh hey, thereā€™s a thread here!

So, this thread got a little long, but the salient point of what I said there:

Rearrange the GPIO pinout to match (as closely as possible, function-for-function) that of a certain fruit-named board, including some mounting holes in the same places relative to the forest. That would allow lots of accessories meant for one to be used on the other without jumper wires, assuming some common features matched up on the same pins.

Also possibly fancier power circuitry. Taking a 3.7v lithium bank, boosting it up to 5v for a few inches of USB cable, then bucking it back down to the voltages used on the board, seems wasteful. Itā€™s perfectly sensible for simplicityā€™s sake and failure isolation, but if some future version could include native lipo support (isnā€™t the A13 usually found in tablets anyway?) with arbitrary-voltage input for direct connection of solar or vehicle power, that would be super sweet. Seems like a lot of work, though.

Thereā€™s a wish list here!
I wish it had a 64 bit processor and a 12 or 14 bit A/D for higher order modulations.

ā€“Konrad, WA4OSH

Hmm what is this new change it sounds really goodā€¦you have me curiousā€¦ and how a saying I Know goes " The cure for boredom is curiosity there is no cure for curiosity".

1 Like

Well, the DreamCatcher is no longer on sale, but out of stock. A month has gone by and Iā€™m still curious. Will we hear before Christmas? I donā€™t want coal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I can hardly wait for a 30-day notice on something new !

1 Like

As the early TV News says, ā€œFilm at 11ā€ ! Maybe Dec 11. Thatā€™s about the date Syed said on Nov 11 indicating an announcement.

1 Like

I have never heard of Craig Bruce. Is he this guy?
hivio 2014 - Craig Bruce on Making Great Audio Entertainment

ā€“Konrad, WA4OSH

An announcement by 11 December is confirmed.

2 Likes

Just went back to Wi-Fi router setup so you know Iā€™m still here on Dashboard.
Will be in my Reserved Seat on 11 Dec awaiting announcement.

2 Likes

My Dreamcatcher died while being left out in the rain accidentally. It blinks, but does not receive. Iā€™m now patiently waiting so that I can order its replacement.

ā€“Konrad, WA4OSH

1 Like

:persevere: :persevere:
Ken

1 Like