FCNN News: Outernet to provide iranians with free internet

Outernet should release a public statement about this news ASAP.
In the interest of all parties involved this should be dealt with right now.
The news is being circulated on social media everywhere in Iran.
I think we all hope this is true but since it was commented on in another thread I am not hopeful.

Some links:

https://twitter.com/realfcnn/status/949337940517380096

@Syed I think it would be good to post something on twitter or so about that. That is absolute BS on FCNN…

@Extreme can you translate some parts into english? Google Translate is not that great xD

Yes, sure. brb with translation.

Google translation of page FCNN 9:15AM PST

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Thanks. There isn’t a whole lot I can do other than reply to a tweet. Will do that, though.

Yeah…google translate is still really bad xD

But the PDF would be interesting.

Present from the US government to the Iranian people

Today, the US government started providing free satellite internet access for users inside Iran.
By following the link below, you can access the Satellite Internet

Outernet https://fcnn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Outernet.pdf

Please share the link if you know people who need it in Iran.

Well, clearly this is OLD NEWS. This was a story from NOV 15, 2012 according to the Google translation.

FYI - The service had been running on L-Band for a while and is now being coverted over to a new service on the Ku-Band. But, that service and the necessary satellite receiver hardware is not available yet,

–Konrad, WA4OSH

No, the article date is from yesterday.
Today is 16 dey 1396, yesterday 15.

The tweet is from yesterday as well. So its not OLD

1 Like

Yes, the article is from yesterday, but clearly they are sourcing old information from five years ago?

–Konrad, WA4OSH

That is much better then google translate :slight_smile:

1 Like

The attached PDF is also very old information. It’s from the the first gen where Outernet was on the Ku Band and used Raspberry PI.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

I don’t know what the F they are doing. This (spreading misinformation about the government) might even be illegal in US.

Satellite internet has been one of things people have been demanding. Plus
unblocking of google play and similar. That is probably the reason this news is spreading like wildfire.

1 Like

For the record, I saved a copy of the article and the PDF on Archive.org - the Internet Wayback Machine We’ll know if the article has been changed later.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Here’s the translation.

American government gift to iranian people

American government makes outernet accessible for Iranian users from today. Following bellow address, you can find guide book in pdf format to use outernet

1 Like

不錯