First Dibs on Dreamcatcher 3

It all works without issue. But to be clear, we aren’t releasing any source code or debugging tools.

So what I’m getting from you is that a complete, exhaustive test of everything has not been run yet. As we find bugs, we’ll report the issue. after a few bug fixes, you will have a code update?

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Hi, can I buy one of the new Dreamcatcher 3.01 board please? Im from Denmark, EU.

@Syed posted the following…

Perhaps this picture will explain the situation:

Screenshot from 2018-03-03 03-14-50
Satellite coverage area for SES-2

Outernet only has one transponder on one satellite, SES-2, right now.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

1 Like

OK Konrad :sunglasses: Can you divulge the TP number of SES-2? Or is that released only to those who buy in?

1 Like

I want to purchase the Dreamcatcher 3. Please send details: [email protected]

I’m really glad I live in the US so I can test it out XD but I can’t wait till people all over the globe get a crack at outernet

Is there any ETA when purchase links will be sent out ?

Also since I haven’t gotten a chance to do this yet I wanna thanks the outernet team for all the amazing work that has got us to this point.

Syed posted…

My best guess it that it’s on TP10 (V) or TP11 (H) on SES-2
Note that there are no listings for TP11

The rain finally stopped here in Seattle. I will take a look and see if there’s a LoRa signal there.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

With the frequency and polarization (V), what additional information do you get from the transponder?

I don’t know the transponder of the top of my head. I’ll need to look at the service order.

So it has to be TP10 and HughesNet moved ?

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Hi,

I’m new to Outernet and I am interested in the data received, specifically weather related. With this alpha unit, will you be transmitting updated grib files as well as an updated weather animation? If so, please send me a link for purchase.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello, any units left? Can I purchase in Canada? Thanks!

Been reading about SES and their subsidiary companies on their web pages. Had no idea how big they are! OK on TP10, probably correct. I’ll check LoRa too. Been raining in LA too for couple days… Sunday should be clearing and warming. Time to fire up the LNB!

1 Like

I want one! johnAThagensieker.org

1 Like

Hello.

Would like to order the latest Outernet board.

[email protected]

1 Like

I listed my email on the “BUY” tab at the outernet.is page…I am more than willing to add another SDR to my pile.

@youbecha To be very clear, this is not an SDR. We are using the SX1280 from Semtech. It’s a 2.4 GHz radio that can demodulate a LoRa carrier. Are you still interested in buying a board? If you aren’t interested in playing around with satellite reception, you will definitely not be happy with the purchase.

@Diggity Where in Canada are you? SES-2 does cover some of Canada, but SNR will be a lot lower than the US, so I can’t guarantee that you’ll be receiving files without issue. We will, however, be fiddling with spreading factors, so you’ll definitely receive something.

@oceandweller007 Weather will be among the first things to go back over the broadcast, but I suggest waiting until we are in more of a production more before buying a unit. Thanks for your interest, though.

@Solocircuit Thanks for the compliment! The purchase links will be sent out on Wednesday.

@Konrad_Roeder Regarding the coverage map you posted: I think that is for C-band. Also, we do not have a full Ku-transponder. It’s just a 1.6 MHz carrier, out of a total of 36 MHz on the transponder. A lot of the software was directly inherited from the L-band system, but of course this is a new system. But yes, you described it perfectly: As bugs are identified, no Skylark images will be released.

@Krautz I would really like to sell you a Dreamcatcher, but since there is not yet a signal over Europe, I don’t feel comfortable doing so.

Heeding your advice. This batch won’t have an acrylic case, but the production batch will.

1 Like