Geniatech HDStar DVB-S2 Problems

I don’t remember its version - - its long gone. But, when you load the ProgDVB program/drivers/etc and restart your computer, does the program recognize the device and load OK?

Is your problem after that when you try to Scan for channels? What bird are you on and what is its Local Oscillator frequency? My Galaxy 19 is a North American Ku-Band = 10750 MHz. Most international birds require/use Universal LNBs at 9750 and 10600 MHz. Ken

Yes progdvb loads and recognises the device when it goes to scan finds no channels.

I’m trying to connect to the 28.2e astra satellite. Its the FTA channels in UK. Not sure on its technical aspects.

Think its 9.75 and 10.6Ghz

Not sure. What frequencies does the hdstar support. Think on another forum say its working on the 28.2e astra.

I sent ya email about manual.

Thanks again.

HDStar should work with any Ku band LNB, so yeah, should be fine on Anstra 28.2e. How long is the coax between the LNB and HDStar?

I can’t find a Local Oscillator freq for that satellite, but suggest you use a standard FTA receiver to see what works (or ask a friend who has one). I know if you pick the wrong freq, you won’t get anything. I’ll send the manual. Ken

Oh yes, I forgot to say my Geniatech works in my house at the end of a 100 meter RG6 cable. Ken

Wow, that is a long freaking cable. :slight_smile: We have a teammate that couldn’t get his to lock at the end of a rather long cable, though.

Yep - - quite a feat! My Lighthouse works at the end of the same cable too, and I am looking at my LNB thru a motor drive too. I had to remove the DiSEqC - - that I couldn’t control with the Lighthouse. Ken

My cable be roughly 40-50m so don’t know if that’s long enough to cause issue.

Someone on another forum mentioned trying a 12v adapter. Would this damage the box as charger came with is rated at 9v. I’ll try to find another 9v adapter to be on safe side.

Thanks for all suggestions guys really great support on these forums. I’ll keep testing.

I would not suggest that approach. 40 -50 meters is a workable distance if everything is working with the HD Star. Obviously it is not, so there is some other issue. I’ll bet you a doughnut you’ll have the same problem if you were 1 meter from the LNB. Do you have an FTA receiver to connect so you can prove out your antenna/LNB pointing? Or a satellite signal strength meter like Pradeeka and I have used, which is really the best way to fine tune your antenna’s pointing? Ken

I need to qualify what I just said - - I have a very sensitive Ku Band FTA LNB with a low noise floor that I bought from www.sadoun.com:

Ken

Hi ken

Yeah checked signal on FTA receiver says signal level 70% and signal quality 100% so no problem with signal. I’ll try another power supply see if that helps. Is ur power supply a 9v 1.5a. The one that came with the hdstar.

Thanks

Yes that’s what I have. The voltage on my wall wart plug is 9.3 vdc 1.5 amp. I believe when the unit is connected to an LNB, I was getting 12 vdc on the F connector (but that could have been what I got on my PCTV dongle).You would need some level of dc to power the LNB, but I don’t have it set up now to confirm that. In any case, when you do connect up the HD star to your computer and LNB, you should be able to measure the voltage on the f connector.

With signal and quality levels as you state, your HD Star should work. Cheers, Ken