How to change the frequency?

I use a program called Etcher for my Linux and Windows computers. It also supports Mac.

https://etcher.io/

Ahhhh the correct image. They stopped supporting the RPi and SRDx for Skylark.
You will need to find the location of the dropbox for Librarian v5.0.dev1 / rxos 3.1
I lost the link to it.

–Konrad

How could they stop supporting it i just got 2 of them not more than 1 month ago directly from outernet this is a joke selling me something outdated with the wrong frequency

I will try to flash the cards and find an old image which i am not sure if it has the same old frequency same problem.

I paid 200$ for both this is not fair

I will give it a try more time wasting if it does not work i will create a blog and dump all documents in it

https://forums.outernet.is/t/no-signal-flat-snr/4330/22?u=konrad_roeder

They stopped supporting RPi and continued supporting CHIP.
The folks at CHIP stopped making CHIPs.

I bought a Dreamcatcher and get an SDRx board also. I got both of them to work. It can be done.

Conincidence, and not some conspiracy.

I paid USD$ and no import tax. The price to you is shipping plus import duties.

Threatening people that are trying to help you to do things does not solve anything. Syed is also trying to help by creating the idea to begin with. It’s not a finished, off the shelf product, but an evolving experiment. Can satellite reception of data be done cheaply? I think so and want to be part of making it happen.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

True it’s beta still it is not free beta testing it is costing me time above the money i paid if i have been given this free i would spend even more time trying to make it work out of respect and return favor, but when you pay for it you are entitled to some backup and support not like my case reading all the forums pages trying to figure out a way out.

I have not given up yet i will give it few more shots

1 Like

As we chat I managed to get the oracle virtuabox set it up and download the chip image let’s see what happens

1 Like

Salah,
I don’t work for Outernet. All of this was disclosed in the store before you bought it. There are several warnings that this project is not for the faint of heart. I even asked @Syed questions before I bought. I bought the parts despite the fact he had said things were going to change in three weeks. I wanted the learning experience.

Rather than being upset, see the learning experience. All the debugging, trials, tribulations, etc. help build knowledge and very useful skills. The end product is not even as useful as a TV guide. You would have been disappointed if that’s what you got in the box.

–Konrad

Hahahaha i know.
I am still struggling with the outernet flashing i got few sources from outernet web storage i will try other images

Take a look here:
https://forums.outernet.is/t/installing-skylark-on-raspberry-pi-3/3249/13?u=konrad_roeder

There is no need to do an entire new flash only to change the frequency!
When you have the reasonably recent firmware in the device it is only lacking the possibility to change the frequency via the GUI but you can change it by editing a file (described elsewhere on the forum).
I changed it that way because I know how much hassle it is to do the flashing… (did that before)

1 Like

Good idea without flashing
I have tried the custom config but mine is read only can’t write any

I you have a better idea i need all the help i can get

Cheers

Great job Ken. I wish I had this when I tried to connect.

1 Like

my card needs flashing my imager not working properly for some reason. i have the oracle virtual setup the card is ready and shorted for flashing. just one thing left to make things smother
the flashing image in .OVA format so i can just go ahead and flash it.

anyone who can help to post it I appreciate it.

it would have been much easier if outernet archive have kept an older version for us to download it to get, I know it is not supported any more but we guys with old cards still need it to experiment

Regards,

Salah, 9K2SJ

Can you run Etcher on your computer?
https://etcher.io/

It runs in all sorts of environments. …Windows, Mac, Linux, 32 bit, 64 bit, installed, portable, etc.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

I am not sure if it works on winxp i am downloading it now

It needs win7 and above i can use it on my other computer

1 Like

There are very few places that still use Windows XP. It has quite a few security defects that Windows 7 solves.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Use the one that is portable. The computer boots on the USB drive that has the Portable Etcher-32 bit on it. Then you get your image from your hard drive or CD.

A USB drive with Portable Etcher 32-bit is very useful.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Incidentally, on another note, it’s useful to have Pentoo on a USB flash drive. It boots up and runs Linux. It has a built-in version of GNU Radio Companion (GRC) which is very, very useful with Software Defined Radios.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

I am getting both apps now.

1 Like