July 2018 Update?

@tylerhoot It’s due to a trademark issue; we had been disputing the trademark for years, but some recent decisions related to the mark were not in our favor, which resulted in a cease and desist from the owner of the trademark.

@Christopher_Neitzert I believe you were refunded last week, right? The whole point of a lawsuit is to get your money back, but I’ve stated in several prior updates that people need to simply ask for a refund and it will be processed.

@tsalapeteinos Had you previously requested a refund? I wasn’t able to find a request for one.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought and what I was trying to remove the assumption from the chat.

1 Like

I have been requesting a refund and not received any response.

Syed, I’ve been patiently waiting and understanding as the majority of your backers who are still around have been, all we have ever asked for is communication. You are several years past your original timeline and I would have been fine waiting a few more years but when you don’t give updates in 8 months and then I read on this thread its because every time you update you get too many replies and you’re too busy to deal with it I find it insulting. Maybe if the updates were more frequent, once a month or so, you wouldn’t be flooded with replies.

People are losing confidence in you, the Lantern and the Outer/Othernet, I know I have.

I am requesting that you please refund my purchase as I can’t justify the continued patience in you or your company without any communication or updates.

1 Like

Why? did you ever inform the people that payed that we can have a refund?

So i demand a refund of the full amount payed. Will give you a bank account number once i receive a specific response.

So, beside requesting refund is any chance that the product will be shipped like in next 10-15 years or so? I did not fund project to lend you money for 0% interest rate… I do NOT want refund, I WANT product delivered at least in my lifetime…

@tsalapeteinos Yes, there have been several backer updates which stated that refunds were/are available to anyone. It’s just a matter of making the request. We use Paypal for processing refunds. Can you email [email protected] with the email address associated with your Paypal account? We will also need the email address that you used on Indiegogo.

@Alone Yes! I can guarantee you that the product will be shipped within the next 10 years. I am even willing to accept a wager on that.

Cool, so wager on your first born son? :smiley: If not delivered within 10 years, i take him as a payment (PS: I am not associated with the Devil, just his supplier of souls :smile: )

How about the third son, instead?

Everyone should keep in mind that indigogo/kickstarter whatever is not a webshop where you can simply “Click and buy” but is a crowdfunder for fantastic ideas. Before you decide to support a project, think about the fact the project may fail or will be delayed. Dont have high expectations, but think about the fact that you are supporting people with ideas, which may change, products are being altered, improved due to technical difficulties, changing research…

Asking a refund when you support such a project does not make you a supporter for a better world or improving technology. If you want something, find another webshop.

2 Likes

Sort of like donating to a charity, and then wanting my money back, because I changed my mind.

1 Like

Hi,
It has been almost 2 weeks that i have requested the refund however i have not received any confirmation letter from you nor the refund.
Could I please get a confirmation that you have received my e-mail and are proceeding with refund?
Thanks.

So @ Eelco_B seriously now, i pay 100 dollars plus shipping for a "fantastic idea " which was going to get reality and to our hands in a couple of months and 4 years later (if not more) asking for my money back is me not “improving technology”?
Or me asking for more newsletters showing where the “lantern” is at and not any “dreamcatcher” that i did not sign up for is that also “too much” from me?
Are we even serious?
Have you calculated the amount of money that this fantastic idea made and if it wasnt going to get real what exactly did they advertise?
Not only should we get a refund but we should also get interest for the amounts paid.
And no @donde , it was not donating to charity. It was just paying for a “Lantern” so I could have “free internet”

Sorry about that. We run refund in batches on the 15th of the month. If you prefer, I can accelerate the payment.

“Free Internet” was never promised. Only one way, receive only of news and information. We have that now.

yes please do.
Thank you

Donde, do you have a lantern? no need to reply. thanks

Hi @Syed,

I appreciate you guys are working hard on the project and I’ve always seen Othernet as a fantastic initiative but I do feel a realistic schedule of some sort is clearly overdue.
What is the timescale for an usable system over Europe and/or sub-Saharan Africa?
Your reference to some really interesting content doesn’t really count for much if you cant receive anything :frowning:

Regards
Andy

2 Likes

Hi @Syed

Is there any new 2019 new years bash update int the works?

1 Like

I am an original backer from Indieagogo. I would like a full refund and interest for the many years of not being provided any product from your company. Please expedite this refund.

Debbie Bretag
[email protected]

Happy to provide a refund. Please email [email protected] with the email address associated with your Paypal account.

1 Like