Just got mine and I guess it's working

Just uploaded a video of me installing this.

Put it on YouTube.

-Raymond Day

Over wifi. Is net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 set on the CHIP? If so Iā€™ll set a route on my linux box to point at the CHIP.

I did note that it hands out a /24 netmask and thus I would not be able to talk to 10.10.10.10

I watched the video. Did the LAN adapter work for you? If so which one was it?

Something is definitely strange here. Do you still have your password reset code?

Lets check this step by step:

1. Are you able to view the web ui of the CHIP?

2. Are you able to login to the web interface with your g7ltt username and corresponding password?

3. Is your chip in AP mode?

4. Are you able to access chip over ftp using the same login/password?

5. Are you able to ping it at 10.0.0.1?

6. Did you try connecting using [email protected]/outernet?

If all of these are yes, and you still canā€™t ssh in, you might have a corrupted rootfs. A clean flash should fix it.

I donā€™t know if it helps but Iā€™ve ended up with a different password for the web frontend and SSH

I reset my password on the command line with ā€˜passwd outernetā€™ (I now use this password for ssh)

But the password for the web frontend remained the same as when it shipped.

I wonder if Mark has done similar?

yes - if you change your passwd on the command line, they will go out of sync.

Itā€™s a USB300M by Linksys or Cisco has that name on both.

Not 100% it will work but this USB 10/100 I put on a lot of Linux and it just auto works. So I think it will get a IP on this.

I have to run a Ethernet cable in the attic yet for it. Going to do that today.

-Raymond Day

@Abhishek I wonder if this is why the files in my /opaks folder are not unwrapping properly?

the passwd? no - as you can see in your opaks folder, only files are from today. When did you change your passwd on the command line?

in anycase, changing passwd should not cause the processing to fail.

you can try one thing - reboot. then after that login over ssh, become root, and then move one of the tbz2 files from the opaks folder to, say the /tmp folder. then move it back to opaks. that should trigger processing.

But whatever the problem, it has happened only today.

1 Like

The copying seemed to work http://pastebin.ca/3741560

Worked on setting up the rest going up in the attic. I took a video of it. Working on the video now.

Ran the Ethernet cable to it about 50 foot. I got lucky used a hook to go on the side to see if can get the USB cable and just guess about were it would be and I got it 1ST thing!

Hooked the chip up hanging by the USB power. I plug it in and just the LED on the 4 port USB hub lit up. I could not remember if the chip has a LED had my cell phone up with me and could not see itā€™s WiFi. I gave up and went back down from the attic and bought up a Raspberry Pi 2 with another extension cable USB on it. But when I went to unplug the USB power from the chip the LED on the chip lit up. I tested to see if it got WiFi and it did and I could see the Ethernet LED went on too. Seen it got a IP and went to my computer and typed in itā€™s IP and it goes to it.

Something that the LED on the USB hub lit up but the chip did not.

The video I did going up in the attic I put on YouTube here.

Just canā€™t log in to it from the computer. I did not write down the 6-digit number and donā€™t remember the name and password I set up.

How can I reset this?

All so is there a way to SSH to it? I went to itā€™s IP but looks like SSH port is not open on the chip at lest.

-Raymond Day

Great progress, Raymond!

Forgive me if iā€™m stating the obvious but I didnā€™t see you press the power button on the chip to power it?

O I did not know it had a power button. Maybe I press it when I was about to unplug the USB power. Thatā€™s when the LED power light came on the chip.

-Raymond Day

When I connect power to mine the LED flashes once, but the device doesnā€™t power up. I need to press the power button to get it to boot.

Just got mine online. Would someone please try it? http://g7ltt.dyndns.org:8888

Itā€™s in Wilmington,Delaware. Currently running on a RPi2.

is it still receiving, could you check?

Reason I ask is - the latest APRS file just went out ~ 5 minutes ago, and I confirmed that I received it. But yours doesnā€™t show it as received.

Yep. Iā€™m still receiving. Currently getting one of the weather files down.

I just spotted a file I sent up for broadcast last week. Itā€™s the Humana Light. A Joule Theif type thing that will light an LED from a ā€œdeadā€ AA battery. Designed for Ears To Our World as a give away to the kids.