Lighthouse and ORx hotfix release 2.1.000

Sorry, I seem to have uploaded the wrong build. New build will be uploaded shortly. Please use the “Restore to stable release” method again to flash this image. Download directory is the same as before.

Yes.

Is this the correct 2.1.000 hotfix release for ORxPi2
https://archive.outernet.is/images/ORxPi2/2.1.000/

Yes.

:worried: No go - -

I downloaded outernet-rx-2.1.002.pkg that you placed in your Dropbox at 1200 UTC 19 Dec.

I can’t flash the Lighthouse with it. It loads along with the Boot file from the SD chip, but when I restart the Lighthouse, I only get the first light solid and the second light never stops blinking. The Wifi operates, and I can SSH into the Lighthouse, but that’s it. :worried:

@branko, I restarted the Pi. It is working now. :smile:

We’ve noticed glitches with the LEDs, but it should otherwise work fine.

I was still unable to get Lighthouse 2.1.002 to run up using the SD flash method. I never got the right LED lights, and when I did log in, I kept getting the Server Error Message.

I went back to 2.1.001 using the SD flash method, then used the USB stick method to update to 2.1.002, and it works now (although I do not get the satellite lock LED lit).

That all said, 2.1.002 seems to be working - - I’m getting pages (30 first hour without rebooting), and new tweets (no ghost tweets yet).

To explain a bit more, SD flash method is normally meant to be used for flashing factory boards, not boards that have already been flashed once. The reason I mentioned this method is because updates can go only to higher versions. If you are going for a higher version, you should always use the USB method. SD flash is just a hackish workaround for going to a lower version and should not be used under normal circumstances. As you can see, it can have unintended effects on a pre-flashed device.

I see what you are saying - - good point. I though when I was having problems with 2.1.001, rebooting might may sense. But now all looks fine.

I’ve been running for 12 hours from a blank slate and I am receiving on 5 carousels off Galaxy 19. I have my 1 TB Western Digital hard drive connected, so I now have plenty of storage. All new content, no need to restart the Lighthouse. I’m getting MP3 tracks and many Tweets. The Tweet dates aren’t changing and the mysterious “ghost tweets” are gone.

I’ll now be able to concentrate on Content to address Ben and Syed’s requests for feedback. Thanks for your help, Ken

Glad to hear that. So we now have the LED glitches, but hopefully that will be resolved as well.

Few minutes ago I started (a restart after 12 hours) my Pi again. Librarian started but no signal lock. I connected external hardware in different combinations and restarted the Pi several times but still unable to get the signal lock.

EDIT: I removed the SD card from the Pi and inserted it to my PC’s SD card slot. But no errors found. I ejected the card and inserted again to the Pi.

Now it is working :smile:

I think this is because of oxidation between sd card and sd slot contacts. But I have to do this for every restart. Actually no need to insert the card in to PC. Insert in in to a SD adapter is enough.

My question is why this (oxidation, if I’m correct) is only related with the signal lock.

That’s a rather far-fetched conclusion. I wouldn’t say those are related. It’s probably something else, but hard to say without obtaining a sample tuner that works exactly the same way as yours.