Lighthouse test

Lighthouse currently does not support hot-swapping storage. It’s being worked out for the next release due soonish. The procedure is more or less the same as for ORxPi, with the difference that you have to connect it before powering up the box. Also, existing content is not tranferred to the storage so you end up with a clean box (also being fixed in next release).

By the way, I forgot to mention a nice feature Lighthouse Rx 1.4.201 has. The downloaded content files automatically are transferred to the Library so you don’t have to go thru the transfer process (Update Feature) as the ORxPi does.

I presume this is a new feature although the Lighthouse Users Manual still talks of having to move content to the Library with the Update feature. Ken

Yes, this is new. I’ll write down some notes about the upcoming release where things would be even simpler at the cost of breaking some backwards compatibility.

I have noticed a significant reduction in available storage space resulting from the audio files being downloaded. The Lighthouse ships with a 4 GBIT SD chip. After a week of downloads from Galaxy 19, I was left with about 1 GBIT of storage. I was able to increase that by deleting all the music tracks found in the file section. Ken

Have you tried adding additional storage, with either a microSD or USB drive?

Yes I have, but it doesn’t work in either the ORxPi or Lighthouse. It’s a problem Branko knows about and has said he is in the process of fixing. It’s detailed in his Forum Post “Notes about upcoming ORx and Lighthouse releases”. Ken

Lighthouse Version 1.4.300 has a new problem - - the Cleanup Tool does not work. Also, I can’t delete files. It worked in the Lighthouse Version 1.4.201. Ken

Ouch, sorry about that. Does it generally not work, or only on external storage?

The Cleanup Tool problem only happens with an external storage device (160 GBMaxtor, 8 GB USB Stick or 2 GB SD chip) connected. I can go to the Library and delete individual articles, but can’t use the Cleanup Tool or delete files (such as the Lakes music, or an app file). When I try to do a deletion here’s what I get:

Here’s the text from the black portion of the 500: Error screen:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bottle.py”, line 862, in _handle
return route.call(**args)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bottle.py”, line 1732, in wrapper
rv = callback(*a, **ka)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bottle_utils/i18n.py”, line 434, in wrapper
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/utils/captive.py”, line 19, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/utils/timer.py”, line 42, in wrapper
res = callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/lib/squery.py”, line 245, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/lib/sessions.py”, line 266, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/lib/auth.py”, line 222, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/lib/lock.py”, line 97, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/utils/setup.py”, line 157, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/utils/core_helpers.py”, line 168, in wrapper
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/utils/timer.py”, line 42, in wrapper
res = callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/lib/auth.py”, line 111, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/bottle.py”, line 3615, in wrapper
result = func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/plugins/diskspace/plugin.py”, line 101, in cleanup_list
meta = zipballs.list_all_zipballs(per_page, offset, db=db, config=config)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/plugins/diskspace/zipballs.py”, line 169, in list_all_zipballs
zipball[‘size’] = get_content_size(zipball[‘md5’], contentdir)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/plugins/diskspace/zipballs.py”, line 140, in get_content_size
for filepath in filewalk(content_path)])
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/librarian/core/content.py”, line 62, in filewalk
for entry in scandir.scandir(root):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/scandir.py”, line 581, in scandir_c
for name, d_type in scandir_helper(path):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/mnt/data/librarian/zipballs/067/965/532/b3c/a58/346/671/1e1/bd4/450/0b/’

I’ll send you the System Log by e mail which has the same info in it. Ken

What were you trying to delete here? The path seems to indicate it was failling to remove content. Perhaps you hit back and tried to remove content that had already been removed?

I just tested file removal and the cleanup tool on my receiver here and everything worked normally. I’m currently using a Gigastone USB drive over external powered hub.

Normally when I use the Cleanup Tool on the Lighthouse without external storage, I get a screen that looks like this:

With external storage connected, I don’t even get this far - - I consistently get the 500: Error Ken

OK everybody!! A brand new 1 TB Western Digital Passport plugged into USB Port 2 on the Lighthouse running Version x.x.300 works fine. Files download and I can delete them individually or with the cleanup tool.

I can’t explain my other problems other than saying I was using older external storage devices. Ken

Glad it got worked out, though i wonder why the other usb drive didn’t work.

Over the weekend, I reinserted my FTA motor drive (Sadoun PowerTech DG-280) into the 100 meter RG6 cable run between my Ku dish/LNB to the house and Lighthouse receiver. I lost about 5 signal units as measured by the Librarian Dashboard signal level meter, but my overall quality remained the same. I’m running at about 60 signal units with no degradation. This a big improvement over the HD Star I used with the ORxPi setup which only worked at the base of the antenna. In this case, I had to bypass my DiSEqC Switch as the Lighthouse can’t control it - - but no big deal - - read on.

This should be good news to FTA enthusiasts here on the East Coast. We can generally see 21 unencrypted FTA content bearing satellites - - all linearly polarized except for 3 (Amazonas 61W, Telstar 14R 63W, and Venesat 1 [Simon Bolivar] 78W) which use circular polarization and carry encrypted traffic.

With the Lighthouse outside at the base of the antenna, it was a chore to change the cable configuration in the rain and snow so I could steer the antenna to a specific satellite for a TV show. The setup now just requires me to move a cable inside the house from the Lighthouse to my FTA receiver. With the addition of an “F Connector Switch Box”, I can fully automate the process! Ken

1 Like

Branko observed from my logs that I had some strange partitioning on my USB stick. I was using MS Windows XP FAT32 formating, but with the 1 TB hard disk, MS would only do NTFS. I downloaded a program called FAT32 Formater from Softonic to do the formating, and had no problems after that. Ken