Lighthouse WiFi is not broadcasting

Hello.

I’m about the set up my Lighthouse tuner but it is not broadcasting a WiFi signal. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Hi @JoeUMCom, how do you test whether LH is transmitting the WiFi signal?

Through my laptop’s list of WiFi signals available and my smartphone’s WiFi. Sadly, Outernet does not appear on any of these devices.

How close are you to the device?

Very close, less than 2m away. The “power” light is on. The 2nd light blinks and goes off, then starts blinking again. The 3rd light does not blink at all :unamused:

Do you have a LAN cable and a router you can use to access the device?

Yes I have. Should the devices be turned off first or plugin directly is ok?

You should be able to just plug it in.

EDIT: you will also need a network scanner such as Fing to find the device on the network, or through your router’s control panel if it supports it.

Now connected to the router and scanned…

Do you see the GUI? If so, complete the setup and reboot the device. Then log in, go to settings, and click the “Download system logs” button to get the system log and post it somewhere online.

@branko I don’t think I followed your track. I have connected the Lighthouse to my router with LAN cable, Scanned the network using Advanced IP Scanner. I guess I recognize the IP of the Lighthouse but can’t access it.

I have disconnected and reconnected the power cord but the result is the same.

Ok, so just in case, let’s try reflashing it with a 2.4 image.

Grab the boot.img file from here, and the 2.4.000 image from here. Copy both to a microSD card, rename the .pkg file to outernet-rx.pkg. Next, power off the device, put the SD card in, and power it back up. When the middle LED stops blinking, remove the SD card and power cycle the device. Let me know if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Ok @branko, I’ll download the files and follow the instructions. I’ll keep you updated.

Hi @branko The result “Bad gateway” The WiFi signal is back but bag gateway. and I don’t have access to the Outernet.

What are you trying to connect to WiFi? I know some devices may complain if there’s no Internet on the connection. We try to fix things for devices we know about, but we haven’t been able to test everything.

Yes, that is correct. Windows 10 complains same but not for every time. Restarting the computer will solve the issue temporarily. But I only experienced this with my ORxPi’s WiFi hot spot.

Resolved! WiFi is back and now I am proceeding with the challenging task of tuning to the satellite.

So I confirm that the reset process worked after a second trial.

Grab the boot.img file from here2, and the 2.4.000 image from here2. Copy both to a microSD card, rename the .pkg file to outernet-rx.pkg. Next, power off the device, put the SD card in, and power it back up. When the middle LED stops blinking, remove the SD card and power cycle the device. Let me know if that makes any difference.

1 Like

I’m glad it worked.