Loss of Lock on East Coast

Yes Jim - - as I mentioned, my FTA video signals are rock solid, but my Outernet signals are not.

I have torn apart my gear and reset it to no avail. In fact all my set ups perform the same - - poorly. I don’t know if SES-2 up links video from the same teleport as the one that supports Outernet, but am still puzzled. I am getting a small amount of sporadic weather and Wikepidia data, but no RSS news feeds. Here’s my What’s New at 2036 EDT on Aug 4 - -

So go figure :disappointed_relieved: I’m just reporting the facts. Ken

1 Like

I scrolled down my what’s new app … back to your 8/3 7:25:55 approximately
I had mostly wikipedia articles, no RSS and one weather data today
You seem to had a better signal around yesterday and missed today,
I didn’t get the weather files in your post until the next broadcast time
on 8/4/2018 3:13:18 AM

my what’s new as of about 9 pm edt (fifteen hours of wikipedia stuff)

1 Like

Indications here in SLC-UT have remained constant all day with Rssi of 81 and SNR running 10.5-11 averages. The lock map has shown us yellow several times, and valid packets are running at around 93%, which is lower than normal, we have been consistently 100% with lock until the past few days. Low winds, high heat and all the smoke from Redding plus our own fires have limited my outdoor activity, however, the equipment is in a stable position and has not moved, so perhaps those stats can be “control” for comparison to your reception…

Ken i really thin we need the news sent again probly sooner than later right now im missing all of my news data for some odd reason

Well Jerry, based on what Syed said yesterday about the teleport reporting reduced power, and you confirming lower valid packets, I think the problem is with SES-2. Today, I am not in lock at all, although my SNRs range from -14.75 dB to -16 dB.

In that SNR range, the status map will show me with a green balloon based on reported SNR (my VPN reports me in NYC although I am in Annapolis, MD) - -

but my frame lock shows red as I have no frame lock - -

Ken

The carousal may need some tender loving care. I have been watching the tuner status bottom line
to see what files are being received.
and saw news 07-27-2018 being downloaded… but when I look at whats new… not listed
probably really out of date file…

When I try news app
news

by the way I have 100% received / valid packets

I did get that JavaScript Error Report this morning when I tried to see the news, although at the time I had no signal lock. Ken

I have started receiving content again. My SNRs are in the neighborhood of -13 dB, and I have lock. My packet rate is 83%. News, weather, and Wikepedia are arriving. Still low by past comparison to SNRs of -8dB and 100 packet rate before July 27th. Ken

1 Like

My first successful news packs arrived also around 9 pm (UTC) last night. see my log view system messages

There is something wrong up in space :sleeping:

Ken

I’m getting something in system messages every hour since 14:50 utc, :warning:
Aug 6 20:50:04 outernet user.warn kernel: [469823.468885] spi_master spi32764: spi32764.0: timeout transferring 64 bytes@10000000Hz for 110(100)ms
Aug 6 20:50:04 outernet user.err kernel: [469823.478133] spidev spi32764.0: SPI transfer failed: -110
Aug 6 20:50:04 outernet user.err kernel: [469823.483587] spi_master spi32764: failed to transfer one message from queue

Today my snr is running to 12.75 from 10.5 rather erratically, Rssi steady at 81, running about 92% packets. The air is still awful (smoke), so I can’t go out and play with anything. Hope this clears up soon, we could use either rain or wind, or both. CA is burning down out there and we are in the chimney…

Just to close out this discussion - - it is interesting how reception has improved over all of North America this week. I’m wondering why?

Everybody is getting acceptable SNRs. Mine are back up out of the doldrums - -

Sunday 8/19/2018 0712 EDT Signal Lock Report

Ken

I think Syed has been doing some backend tweaking of the data tranmissions.

1 Like

I just checked my set up for the first time in a bit as I’ve been out of town. I have no lock on the signal as well.

New Bern, NC. I have a very stable antenna mount. I doubt it moved. New Bern, NC.

57%20AM

@hagensieker please see this thread:

Skylark 5.3 for Dreamcatcher 3

Thanks! Makes sense! Will upgrade tonight!

@Abhishek

Thanks for the help. Took me like 5 minutes to get back up and running again. Back on lock and downloading.

Great! How is the audio sounding for you?

Are you seeing normal bitrate and packet rate in LCD UI and Tuner app?

Bit rate and packet rate seem fine to me. I don’t have a speaker hooked up at the moment. Actually I have a small speaker laying next to the Dreamcatcher, just need to hook it up.