Many (and probably stupid concerning you) questions

I have this. How can I know if the voltage is stable?

1 Like

I don’t know at all how to install Ding because there isn’t command line in Skylark and is Skylark based on Debian/Linux because if not, it seems that we can’t install it…
Moreover, it’s a german-english dictionnary and I don’t know how to create one… Does anyone has ever done this?

The easiest way to find out if it will work is to try it.
Skylark is intended to be lightweight. Installing new software isnt going to be easy.

The best answer is more capability the better. A 2 or 3 amp source will both power the Dreamcatcher. Ken

1 Like

Ok so ding seems to be a bad idea because we can’t install it (because Skylark has not command line) and it’s a german-english dictionnary (I’d like to find a french-english one and it is not explained on the Ding’s website how to create your own dictionnary)

note, you can ssh to a dreamcatcher running the skylark OS image. I haven’t had success installing apps that interface with skylark. This is by design to protect the integrity of skylark users.

Good luck with your projects.

Thanks, i’ll try when i’ll find a software to install ^^

Skylark is not Debian or Ubuntu. it is a very small linux. But you can login via ssh and you will get a shell. I’ll try to install ding in Skylark.

The dictionary for ding is simple. You need two colons between the different languages. Here an example (Esperanto - English/German):

2 Likes

Hey guys!
I just ordered my Dreamcatcher :tada:
But here’s a new question for you! x)
This picture comes from the presentation page of the Dreamcatcher v3.05.
I would like to know what is “noise” and is it better when the number is huge or tiny? I have the same question about “Gain” x).
Also, what does mean the “single” in “universal single lnb”?
Moreover, where should be written 4K?

@Tysonpower
@Syed
@ac8dg
Are you able to help me?

Small number is better.

“Single” means one antenna element inside.

Ignore the reference to 4k.

1 Like

i don’t wan’t to be rude but please consider Google first next time.
It really takes us a lot of time to answer such really simple questions that are not at all Specific to othernet. At least that is my standpoint.

I linked the Wikipedia article about LNBs to you above (26 days ago) that answers a lot of questions regarding LNBs, inlcuding noise figures. Quote wikipedia: “The ideal LNB, effectively a perfect amplifier, would have a noise figure of 0 dB…”

I’ve looked the Wikipedia article but I didn’t find the answer…

There is nothing on the Wikipedia page about gain and about “L.O.”…

And does anyone knows if the LNB provided with the Dreamcatcher is waterproof ?

With the F connector pointed down (as is required when you mount it on a dish) it is waterproof. I have had mine outside for years without problem. Now off course you can’t submerge it like a pool pump. Ken

Cool! Thanks it helps me a lot :smile:

Thank you for sharing this, I was wondering what type of information was going to be available.
I am considering buying a kit. Thank you

I’m new, I haven’t even bought any equipment yet - But I think I have a question about the above statement.
If I am understanding the statement - So if Othernet just stops working one day, I could still use the dreamcatcher hardware for some ham radio projects, and to chat over it (if I have two of them)? Arabian doesn’t have anything to do with getting othernet content?

I’m sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere, and I just haven’t gotten it or found it yet - what is the TX power and range? And is there any addition equipment needed for the chatting?
Is there a list of radio projects using the hardware?

I’m just exploring ideas for now, thanks