My unit showed up question on the LNB

Hello,

I got my unit and I need to check something. I am in Europe and does the LNB I received the Digital KU Band Single LNBF the correct device?

bump to @Syed

Yes, that is the same LNB that everyone receivers, whether in North America or Europe.

I am happy I got it and it took a week to get it and surprisingly enough, no Custom duties to pay.

Hello Syed,
So the software is setup and I followed the instructions. The unit powers up and I have yet to get it working.
First the software download there are 2 of them. What are the differences?
skylark-dc-v5.8-2003041129.img.gz
Armbian_5.67_Dreamcatcher_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.85.img.xz

And then in the settings in the Tuner
Active Antenna or passive?
I got a 5 meter coaxial cable with F connectors, Is there a specific type I should get? I read that I needed a G6 low loss.
For the LNB Dual? I think that is what needs to be selected.

And finally, one of the factor is that I am downtown Brussels and according to the Dispointer I have a straight shot to the Astra 3B but I am getting nothing in the status page. I also used a Pringles can to see if I could get the unit to pickup a signal.

thank you.

I got the info here for the settings ! http://obereip.selfhost.de/
leaving these questions.
First the software download there are 2 of them. What are the differences?
skylark-dc-v5.8-2003041129.img.gz
Armbian_5.67_Dreamcatcher_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.85.img.xz

and I got a 5 meter coaxial cable with F connectors, Is there a specific type I should get? I read that I needed a G6 low loss.

Hi Coper, you will need the skylark-dc-v5.8-2003041129.img.gz. The Armbian image is for another device. Most are using RG-6quad here in the US (I don’t know what you would have available, perhaps this one is), @kenbarbi has 500 feet run to his Dreamcatcher, successfully. You should probably download and read this .pdf written by Ken, it will answer most of your questions…

Hope this helps…
Jerry

Thank you!