New install stuck at 6996-France.html.tbz2 (62%)

No - if this particular file is never broadcast again, your system will simply ignore it and receive all the other files. The issue being while this file is being broadcast (for those 5-6 hours), you (nor anyone else) can’t receiver other files (except higher priority ones) - but thats just basic logic. Once the france file is done playing out over the carousel, the next file will get its turn, and if your receiver is up at that point, it will start receiving it.

Also: figuring out the power situation is important. The system is mainly designed for a 24x7 uptime. Receivers that are only up a small part of the day will constantly miss files.

1 Like

fiddling around with power and I upset the CHIP LOL!
it seemed to be running on low voltage from one of my power supplies (or at least ripply voltage!) as the light was pulsating . . The CHIP lost the satellite config (at least!) as when I fired it up again there was nothing in the configuration for them - just blank .
I decided the best thing to do was reflash ( thank god it is easy!).
I have it all running again now,
Do you know if it is “safe” to run the charge the battery that was supplied with DIY kit with 6 volts? There is little info about it in the documentation, but I have 6 volts on a 3 amp fuse easily available from my 12volt solar system… I would just have to hack up a cable from a USB cable.

no - the battery being a Li-Ion, needs a proper charging circuit (IC), which the CHIP contains.

Charging the battery by directly hooking it up to a 6V supply (assuming thats what you meant) is very dangerous.

The safest way to charge it is to leave it connected to CHIP, and connect the CHIP to USB power.

If you have one of those common cell phone power banks that internally contain 1 or more 18650 cells, you could use one of those to charge this battery too - the battery is the same length as a 18650 cells (though twice as wide)

Thats another bug - something when a boot doesn’t complete (like in a bad power situation), the config becomes corrupted. That also is now fixed, in the forthcoming build.

1 Like

what I have now is a USB charger pugged into the battery, and the battery plugged into the CHIP… but the CHIP has a hernia if the USB cable from the charger is too long , so I have had to take the charger to the batter (with a 240V extension cord) which is sub-optimal, to say the least, as the whole device is outside.
I was assuming that the “ravpower” external battery would have charging regulation on it’s input :slight_smile:
I think you may be referring to a different battery, as I don’t think the RAVPower beast can charge though it’s output (that powers the CHIP :slight_smile:

YAY!! Is there a better way to restore it other than flashing at the moment?

Another bug I have seen , is that the API indicator in the panel that comes & goes when you are looking at the “tuner” replicates across the screen at a new one every second if the wilfi loses connection to Outernet , but the browser still has a network connection .
My PC is connected to the internet via an Ethernet connection, and Outernet via wifi, so it goes looking on the other connection for 10.0.0.1 and never finds it if the wifi is gone…

On that subject, I see you “wontfix” the fact that there IS an indicator, but why does the “X” have to be animated?? It is very distracting IMHO.

Thanks again, I appreciate the work you guys are doing

Oh! Yes, I assumed you were talking about the Boston Power one, which is simply a naked Li-Ion cell. I guess you are talking about the complete powerpack. I doubt its ok to charge it with 6V, but its possible.

Long usb cables - yes - those are a problem. more importantly, the cable needs to be be of very good quality. Cheap no-name cables will cause a lot of pain. Best luck I have had is with Samsung phone charger cables. Any phone which has a fast charging capability will typically have a good cable. Even long ones are fine if they are good.

Yes. If you log into it using ssh over usb, you can

rm -rf /mnt/conf/etc/rxos_config.json

to reset the config to factory. reboot after that.

1 Like

Strangely enough, I am using a Samsung phone charger cable :slight_smile: