New Raspbian images available now with HDStar support

Ok, so imagine it’s not that either of the devices is underpowered then. Have you tried the commands I posted here?

Not yet - I’m not very experienced with linux, so what do it need to enter to stop ONDD and TVHeadend services before I try your commands?

To stop ONDD and TVHeadend:

sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend stop
sudo /etc/init.d/ondd stop

I made the ondd change selecting the “For NA Ku:” I connected the RaspberryPi to the internet to make this change in case it needed to go online.

After logging in as “pi” with password “raspberry”, I stopped the TVHeadend and the ondd.

After executing ondd -f 1427 -s 23000 -p V -o /tmp -i, my RaspberryPi responded with a repetition of the following “signal: 08632 00000”. I was expecting a download, but did not see one.

I shut down and returned my system to the base of the dish/LNB and started up again. I saw no change in response with the HDStar or the PCTV 461e in the 2 tests I ran. Ken

I noticed when I went back to the TVHeadend that my default satellite configuration is referred to as “Universal LNB”. Should I have selected the “For Universal LNB:” above instead of the “For NA Ku:”? Ken

If your LNB is a typical North American LNB, it could be NA Ku. You can change that in TVHeadend under Configuration > DVB Inputs > Satellite Config. Double click on LNB Type column, and select KU 11300. If you’re not sure what LNB you’ve got, you could still try both.

I’m not too familiar with the gear over there. In Europe, we typically use the universal one.

I also discovered now through accident that a dodgy coax connection can also cause the Mux to return signal quality 100% even though you can’t get any services and can’t get a lock.

It probably doesn’t get a lock. When it gets a lock, it should print out event: 0x1f. I still don’t know why you can’t get a lock, though.

Verify what LNB type you have. A North American Ku LNB ( not a DBS LNB like is on a DIsh Network and Direct TV satellite ) has different offsets / controls then a universal LNB.

What does your FTA receiver say you have an an LNB?

What does your FTA receiver show for TP 27 ( 12.177 Ghz ) for services?

Hi - - I"m using Invacom QPH-031 Quad Polar LNB. I normally have my FTA receiver LNB Freq set to 10750, however my FTA receiver will operate it in the “Universal(9750-10750)” mode, but then I get repeated channels when I do a blind search of Galaxy 19. For example, I also receive Outernet on a Freq of 9750 at 11176 V 22998

I’m not exactly sure if by "services"you mean, 576i H.264, or the channel PID “V 64 No Audio P64”. That’s all the info I can find.

Hope this helps. Ken

Hi,I’m from Bulgaria.My name is,Svetozar.I have,Satellite Dish 2.40;LNB;Raspberry PI 2 Model B;HD STAR Montage Technology DS3000.In my browser I have installed TVheadend.I have a problem with scanning channels DVB-S Hotbird.All transponders,the Symbol rate is 65535.For example:10719 V 65535;10775 H 65535;12539 H 65535.All transponders is IDLE;FAIL.Please, help my.Thanks.Svetozar

This thread is quite old, and it’s for old image that we no longer support. The new image is not yet ready for Raspberry Pi 2. We are considering providing files for Raspbian for RPi 2 users, but the problem is RPi 2 kernel does not support HDStar, so that has to be addressed separately.

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
What do I have to do now?
Which model is compatible with Raspberry Pi 2,XBMC;Kodi;TVheadend and all resources ?

Thanks
Svetozar

I’ll post in the forum when we have something.

OK.
Thanks

Hi,
I received a message in the mail for the HD STAR USB S2.
Is there new image for HD STAR USB S2 Geniatech ?
Is there a device that is compatible with Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for OUTERNET?

Thanks
Svetozar

@branko This patch for Geniatech HDStar SU3000 v3.0 is for RPi1, right? Do you know what kernel version it is for? Reading other threads made me think 3.18.

Is it still the case that Geniatech HDStar SU3000 v3.0 isn’t support for RPi2?

thanks,
drew

It was written for 3.18, but I’m applying it against 4.1 in ORx and it just works.

EDIT: I should also note that HDStar on 4.x kernels is correctly recognized, but does not work. You do get a frontend device in the dev tree, but it is not able to tune in or anything. Patch applies cleanly and device subsequently works.

1 Like

Hi,
ORxPi2-latest.img.zip (There are six files)

Who is the img. file?

We have changed the image format a few releases ago. There is no longer an .img file, and you don’t write the card using image writers. Instead, you take a blank card and you copy the files in the zip file to the card.

Next time, you can update just by copying the files from a new release over the old files.