I’ve just ordered and received my outernet active antenna + E4000 RTL dongle. I use them with a Raspberry Pi 3.
All has been setup but I don’t get any signal,the SNR just stays fluctuating between -0,5 to max. 1 dB. It doesn’t matter if I point it to the satellite or not, it does not seem to change anything.
Here is what I’ve tried
- I have measured 3,3VDC output voltage coming from the USB dongle so that looks OK (or does it need to output 5V?)
- I measure the same 3,3VDC on the antenna, there is a small measuring point on the antenna
- Tested this antenna + E4000 dongle with SDRsharp and I tune in on the 25E Alphasat frequency -> Nothing, I see some high peaks arround 1,6Ghz but nothing near 1545.94 MHz
- I am positive that I’m aiming the antenna in the right direction (25E)
- Am I using a correct configuration? Raspberry 3 -> E4000 rtl dongle -> Active antenna
- What could be wrong?
- Is there something more that I could measure to determine if the antenna has an issue or the dongle?
- Why is the e4000 no longer available from the Outernet website?
- There is something written on the connector of the USB dongle with black marker, looks like a “+” sign, is this normal?