No Signal- Tearing my hair out- (Solved- Incompatible LNB)

No offence but could I get an answer to the previous question about the GUI? Trying to work through this somewhat quickly as I already have way too many hours tied up in it :smile:

As for the dish you can see it here:

That is showing the stock/wrong LNB before changing it out. As for any other pictures- it is outside pointed at the bird with clear line of sight to about 50 degrees on either side (or more)

I still have concerns with the hardware due to the temp issue. It looks to me like there is one heck of a bad connection or short at the female co-ax pug. It is over 40C in a 20C room. That is a fair amount of heat being created. I would expect some but this seems high.

Some shots:

Mention the following values for your dish setup.

1. Elevation___________
  2. Azimuth___________
  3. SKEW___________

Elevation: 37.3°
Azimuth (true): 201.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 210.5°
LNB Skew : 15.4°

Seems you have a offset dish. Just adjust the elevation to 27 degree, then increment it one by one and check the signal/quality level.

Yes it is- and it was indeed done. You have to -10 for this setup on the bracket which works out to around a bit more on the bracket due to manufacturing and level.

I appreciate the help but I have already been through that- I can see the sats in the geostationary arc- every one triggers a signal on the meter- nothing on the GUI.

Perhaps someone else can weigh in here. As I mentioned- I get zero signal period.

finally I can tell you to check one more thing. are you using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge for browsing. If so change your browser to chrome, opera or firefox.

Using Chrome

This is normal.

It’s possible it’s a dud. It shoud show signal even for wrong bird. In fact, depending on a bird, you can go all the way and obtain a lock without being able to receive any data.

Thanks very much for that. That confirms the big question- very much appreciated.

I’ve been through the co-ax again, good 13V at LNB and can’t see anything else other than the LNB and receiver. Just for kicks as it is cheaper than the shipping back on the receiver I’m gonna try another LNB. This time a dedicated linear with no chance of “funny business”

Should have it within 2 days I hope. Fingers double crossed as I’m ready to smash something :smile:

EDIT PS Branko- The LNB I have shows no different markings between the ports or any type of change between the performance on the two- Wild theory is that it needs to be switched/commanded to switch by the rec. Dunno but It’s all I’ve got right now. Soon know…

Yeah, it’s possible then.

If you’re going to smash Lighthouse, please do it in the form of hammer test and post on YouTube. :slight_smile:

Gonna try not to :smile:

It’s a bit frustrating as I have gear to verify just about every other kind of testing- just not this. Thanks to you verifying the GUI I’m down to two things now. I have high hopes for a project with this portable dish so I’m gonna hide the hammer for a bit. If it springs to life with the new LNB all will be well and you can add a model to the FAQ for others to avoid.

Thanks again for the valuable input.

Problem with LNBs is they’re not very smart, so it’s not possible to, say, program a tuner to check if LNB is workng or what it’s doing.

This LNB will definitely work :smile:

1 Like

I’m a srilankan and I really want to know about this project too. My head is messed up with these it things. Is there anyway that I can connect you or website that you have share your experience (I saw it mentioned somewhere.) please I need your hel. CContact me if you can [email protected]

Visit https://outernet.is. You can read more information about this project. :smile:

Really helpful​:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

How much did you cost for all these stuff?

around 22000 rupees.