So client work finally gave me enough of a break to tinker some more. I need to get a mount for the lnb to fit in the yard, so right now my setup is very portable. I got my DC3.05 last Wed. with the b/w Avenger LNB and was able to start working with it on Sat evening.
Without a cone, I was getting around -14-16db. Obviously this was no good so I took a nod from AL0I’s build on page 6 of the wiki, and cut some heavier cardboard. After wrapping it with aluminum foil and reflectix tape, I tested it again tonight and was getting -8-9db and it immediately started grabbing updates. I tested the weather, messages, and news apps about about 40 mins.
Since I’m running portable, I had gotten a uGreen 10kmAh power bank (since it supports pass-through charging and if it works, I’ve got some RPI projects in mind) and it has a battery percentage readout. I ran the DC for an hour and used about 13% of the power with the initial update grab. That’s all for tonight.