Othernet HTML data selector Version#4

Glad to see others digging into the HTML code, anytime I see a line of thumbs ups I know someone has discovered the power of this little server.
Anything with multiple iframe statements in the HTML needs to be
Started with a direct file access URL, direct access URLs contain “/FS/get/” after the Skylark IP number, Major speed improvement over running the HTML from Skylarks reader app.
Once you get your first direct access URL/bookmark working you will never go back :slight_smile:
Accessv3.htm is special because it only requires the correct IP to Skylark in the start up URL. also looks to the internal memory card for the most up to date news/data and message files.

1 Like

not to mention that everything starts from your code to access the download folder and Robert job on html
:laughing:

I made a few changes to the html code on the Weather app - - new location data - -

The -76.56 is my longitude as found on the Weather App GRID (minus because I am West of Greenwich) and the 38.55 is my latitude (plus because I am North of the Equator). The 2048 is a magnifier option - - 1048 widens the look and 3048 narrows it.

Also found if I use my port forwarded IP address, I can operate this program anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Ken

Living with this server you learn shortcuts like the parent directory tree click on in the top of the News section will take you anywhere in the system, just book mark your browser for direct access to the file or folder location. What is amazing is it works running in a sub “Iframe”.
I have found if you spend time setting up all the file extensions for VLC in Windows 10 “MP3,MP4,M4V,MOV,VQF,WAV” with Firefox browser you can one click almost any file to play.
On one machine it’s one click on the other I have to OK for VLC to play. Also once VLC takes over you can close the browser if you wish.
Note: VLC player plays a lot of different file formats before MP3 came out their was VQF, just tested VQF on the server and they work just fine.
Fire stick 4K has stayed logged in to the Othernet server for weeks now using the Amazon Silk browser, my only complaint is scroll control for reading the news is clunky on the stick but reading it on my Android phone is quick and easy.

@iw0hjz
@kenbarbi
@ I have a new question for those of you involved on this string, another user @kb3cs Chris has asked on another page how to access the tuner data via html or json code. Can it be done similarly to these that are already well-documented on this forum?

Hi, this is a little out of my knowledge.
I try with : youripaddress/packages/skylark/ but this directory are used in OS.js that is behind the page you see with user name and password, I will dig a bit on it in the next future.

yes, thank you for referring my query. in whatever is the framework used to create the ‘Tuner’ app (and others), the keyword being presented in the Tuner app for the “Status” tab is “getOnddStatus2”, as i’ve previously mentioned.

in case this helps:

>      sudo netstat -atpn
> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      398/skylark_server
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:53              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      461/dnsmasq
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:21              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      458/vsftpd
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      383/dropbear
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8090            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      470/audio_server
> tcp        0    336 192.168.1.143:22        192.168.1.164:62086     ESTABLISHED 21598/dropbear
> tcp        0      0 192.168.1.143:54324     104.26.1.136:443        ESTABLISHED 398/skylark_server
> tcp        0      0 :::53                   :::*                    LISTEN      461/dnsmasq
> tcp        0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      383/dropbear
>  grep uner /usr/share/www/*js
> /usr/share/www/locales.js:    'ERR_JAVACSRIPT_EXCEPTION_DESC' : 'Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten, möglicherweise ein Bug',
> /usr/share/www/packages.js:    "skylark/Tuner": {
> /usr/share/www/packages.js:        "className": "ApplicationTuner",
> /usr/share/www/packages.js:        "name": "Tuner",
> /usr/share/www/packages.js:        "icon": "apps/tuner.png",
> /usr/share/www/packages.js:        "path": "skylark/Tuner",

every line with a uppercase alphabetic after a ‘/’ (except the “phone home” URL for reporting data to Othernet.is):

grep /[A-Z] /usr/bin/skylark_server

/API/login
/API/logout
/API/packages
/API/settings
/API/application
/FS/get
/FS/scandir
/FS/exists
/FS/fileinfo
/FS/mkdir
/FS/delete
/FS/write
/FS/move
/FS/upload
You are not authorized to use this Api/App, login as Admin.
01/Jan/1970:00:00:00 +0000
APPLICATION/X-WWW-FORM-URLENCODED
APPLICATION/WWW-FORM-URLENCODED
MULTIPART/FORM-DATA;
1 Like

Wow let the fun begin, the only command I was aware of was /FS/get/ for file access.

Going to have a lot of fun figuring out the rest of these URL commands :slight_smile:

/FS/scandir/
/FS/exists/
/FS/fileinfo/
/FS/mkdir/
/FS/delete/
/FS/write/
/FS/move/
/FS/upload/

Hope the “write” command works as expected.

So far no extra functions have worked for me, for delete and write functions it tells me to log in as admin after that it only says Error: “no request body”

If anyone figures any of this out please let me know.

Something interesting: I have been working with 4K MP4 video/audio files on the Othernet server, The router confirms both are on 2.4 GZ WI-FI although 5 GZ is available.
Windows 10 chokes on the 4K MP4 files causing delays during play back but not the Amazon 4K Firestick, the play back is perfect after the initial startup :slight_smile:
Also Android phone running Chrome browser will play the 4K MP4 files.
Using the Amazon silk browser for everything just outperforms Firefox on the 4K Firestick.

Sorry to be a little late to the party, but I have my secondary SD Card (DreamCatcher v3.03) formatted for ext4 with the “-O ^has_journal”. That way it doesn’t destroy the SD card with the constant journaling.

I would prefer f2fs, but the DreamCatcher doesn’t automount that.

Let me know how it goes for you, I have only used FAT32 secondary memory cards for the server, you will need a special FAT32 formatter for >32GB memory cards.
Cool I will try ext4 with -O^has_journal.

Have been using Tablo ripper to put my favorite informational TV shows like Nova on the secondary memory card server.
It occurred to me that with a little work one could put together a Swiss army knife of informational videos,maps,PDFs,ect. for access to your phone/computers during an emergency.
Update 4/22/2020: Have put 62GB of files on the secondary 64GB memory card server, have learned the server is fast even on 2.4 GHZ Wi-Fi, 4K video will play on most but not all devices,My Windows 10 machine has issues playing 4K stuff.
Does anyone know if the dream catcher can access 5GHZ Wi-Fi?

Have successfully upgraded to 128GB on the secondary memory card, working well for read only server and Othernet information, Working with a FAT32 formated memory card, currently have 64GB of files on the 128GB SanDisk ultra memory card.
Have not yet tested ext4 formated memory cards,sticking with FAT32, no issues with stability .