Good evening, I didn’t post here for a while, but I am still working on improving my tracker.
I made a new base with batteries, switches, a charging plug, and a mounting thread. It is now working again and I will still do a video of the setup with the beach ball. Butt the switches and stuff are all drilled through the base of the inspection hatch. I noticed that the beach ball was losing air over time, which is not very practical for long time use. I don’t know if the air escapes via the switches or the seal of the inspection hatch.
I will now try a geodesic sphere as a case. The one on the picture is made of cardboard pizza boxes as a template for a test fit, but I will make it of the same white board as the CNC parts of the tracker. This should solve the stability issues of the beach ball and still be waterproof enough with the inspection hatch in its base.