OUTERNET in VENEZUELA

Regards, since Venezuela has Outernet, the signal with CHIP + SDR + Pach is 10.5 to 12.22 dbi, now only need to have patience for the data to arrive. We are impatient to distribute the equipment in the areas devoid of technology … we can only say SYED that we support you full in your project, do not lose track, do not lose focus, the truth is that you are doing very well! !!

Greetings from Venezuela,

Carlo De Marchis
Other citizen OUTERNET …

3 Likes

Those are excellent signal levels. Couple of days and you will have data files.

Only about 12% of Venezuelans have Internet access. This is an excellent opportunity for Outernet to step up to the plate.

Carlo, what sort of content would be useful to your potential users?

This is very much a problem we’d like to solve. But our gear is still way to expensive for the average Venezuelan. @outernet-venezuela Are DVB-T dongles commonly and cheaply available in Venezuela? We would be more than happy to export our receivers, but I would be concerned that they are far too costly (right now). We are working on making them significantly cheaper, but a drastic cost-reduction won’t happen real soon.

Greetings Syed, Mudflap and TED.

Answers

Syed: Lowering the cost of the equipment would be a great idea but it would lower that entrance of money that is needed to continue financing your big project. It is also true that the Venezuelan currency is excessively weak against the dollar. And I would also worry a lot since the idea is to bring the national market (Venezuela) the OUTERNET

Mudflap: The signal is excellent for such a small antenna, 2way from venezuela is a small company of mine and my brother which we provide services of Vlan, VPN, ISP. But indigenous communities are impossible to invest in cabling and fiber optics. OUTERNET would be the beginning.

K5TED: I congratulate you these very well informed … the commercialization always has several routes, in which I am thinking in beginning would be; Enthusiasts, Ministry of Education in Venezuela. They are the ones who can make good purchases and take them to communities far from our civilization.

Mudflap: The signal is excellent for such a small antenna, 2way from venezuela is a small company of mine and my brother which we provide services of Vlan, VPN, ISP. But indigenous communities are impossible to invest in cabling and fiber optics. OUTERNET would be the beginning.

K5TED: I congratulate you these very well informed … the commercialization always has several routes, in which I am thinking in beginning would be; Enthusiasts, Ministry of Education in Venezuela. They are the ones who can make good purchases and take them to communities far from our civilization.

@outernet-venezuela Please let me know if there is anything we can do to advance the adoption of Outernet in Venezuela.

You are saying a big lie,

I put this photo about the coverage of Venezuela Internet

Can’t read the photo. Is WIkipedia incorrect?

The information is not right

Project inmarsat Venezuela

DVB-T dongles 10$ + LNA filter 7 = 17

To modify satellite dish with a heleicodal antenna

In direction 54w decode without problems Inmarsat at low cost

Please show the $7 LNA Filter, I need two for a different project. Thanks

The LNA needs 12V. Here’s what I got when I tested the same one posted by @SVBS1 (add 30 dB, I had an attenuator in line that is pretty much linear over the range).

That is just the LNA, no filter. I haven’t been able to find a LNA with Inmarsat filter, or just a mounted standalone filter by itself for under $25 or so. Not really interested in cobbling together a SMD filter, PCB and test jig for this. It’s possible the FlightAware Pro with the integrated 20dB amp might do this with an appropriate filter. I get almost usable signal from it with the Outernet patch antenna, but not quite good-ish, as there seems to be a lot of noise.

Checked with Anatech. The cheapest one they have is a connectorized ceramic filter for about $179.

Fact remains… There is no “cheap” version of anything that is usable for Outernet. I say “cheap” because the benchmark for this hobby fad seems to be about $70 total system cost.

it’s a 2GHz wide LNA, no filters involved only dc blocking caps and rf choke for bias tee. And what is the Noise Figure (NF)? It’s not stated…
I started Inmarsat and Outernet reception with similar like this (HabAmp) but was complete disaster as nearly FM broadcast station made wideband saturation and killed all reception.

If you are far away from urban RF noise this might can work for you but in really limited circumstances.

Exactly. I have wanted to try Outernet with a SDRPlay RSP1 just for grins. Not “cheap”, but it works plenty fine indoors with just a homebrew helical antenna, no filter or external LNA, for Inmarsat (Fleetnet, Safetynet and AERO). Should work for Outernet as well.