Outernet patch antenna

Anyone else seeing better than usual reception? Generally, I’ve been running about 4-6 SNR, sometimes down to 2 in the late afternoon, but the past week or so it’s hovering around 8. Didn’t change anything. RSSI is 2-6dB better as well.

Here in Sicily, Italy, traveling with my Lantern in the past 2 weeks, I’m seeing SNRs no higher than 7 dB on Alphasat. Back in Maryland with the same Lantern on Americas, I sometimes see peek SNRs up to 12 dB.

Of course this is not a highly technical measurement, but rather notional. Ken

My signal is better than in the past, but I added a 15cm jumper cable between the LNA and SDR about the same time it improved. I also have a short USB extension cable, with a snap on ferrite core, between the SDR and CHIP. Things are a little more spread out now, which may help with isolation of possible noise between the components.

Hi,
I think this “Signal Boost” happen only for the Sat: I-4 F3 Americas (98W).
It is possible the Inmarsat owners are doing some changes and we have a quick boost for a time.

Maybe to add the Sat. Name on the [Tuner – Status] screen to see a full “Status” in that time.

• I-4 F1 Asia-Pacific; 143.5 E
  • I-4 F3 Americas; 98.4 W
  • Alphasat; 24.9 E

73’s, Richard.
Montreal, Canada.

For the past few days the SNR has increased approximately 2 dB and at the moment is in the 9.5 - 10.5 dB range. Would probably be even higher if I weren’t splitting the signal so I can simultaneously decode Aero from 4 F3 (98W ). Definitely have seen an improvement and have made no changes to my system.

Richard
KE7KRF
Portal, Arizona

1 Like

Nice mount!! Do you have a link to that mount?

Here is the link for my Tablette Holder: Brateck Pad-B

Have fun!
73, Richard.