Service for Google's Self Driving Cars?

Google’s automated cars are currently limited by internet range, so if it was possible to provide the service they use, it would be a great boon.

I think it would be very difficult to pull off.

EDIT: Incidentally, I’m not sure I would even want to drive a car that requires Internet.

2 Likes

Google self driven cars have been in a few accidents already. I do not think it would be safe to even think on that yet. lol

I would not mind seeing outernet powered radio stations for cars. :wink:

2 Likes

That would be pretty awesome. Configure an app to push to specific clients on phones to preload radio shows.

As a cyber security admin i find this… scary. Whos to say someone can’t hate the internet line and control your car where they want you to go or remotly hack the car its self and guide it to a remote location? There is still a lot of issues that need to be worked out im sure as far as security goes and im sure once a hacker finds out how to do this, i can’t see this ending well or good for anyone. I’m staying away from my car being connected to anything other then my phone and thats just for my radio and music. Even the Keyless entry cars can be hacked when a factory code that all there cars have.

Any car with a computer can be hacked.