Settings to get the signal from the passive antenna

I have followed the following procedure but not getting the signal so please help me to resolve the problem.

I have inserted the memory card into SD0_OS
Connected the passive antenna to the kit.
Powered up the device through USB cable.
System is Connected to the WiFi outernet
my.outernet.com is opened into browser
Skylark 4.4 opened and in that I have selected Tuner
Since I from India, have selected asia pacific option
But in status window I am only getting 1 to 1.6 dB signal strength.
I have tried pointing the antenna in all directions but there is no change in signal strength.
One more thing in custom option I am not getting anything to edit.

So please help to resolve this problem.

Hello,

the L-Band link will be shutdown in the next few weeks or so.
Also the Asia Pacific Beam is not in service since a october 2017.

Here is the Post of Syed (CEO of Outernet) about it:
http://forums.outernet.is/t/service-outage-on-alphasat-back-up-apac-is-still-down/4058/90?u=tysonpower

regards from Germany,
Manuel

What will be the work around for this problem as students will be failing the project work. They need to wait for 8 to 10 months for qualify the degree. Already synopsis has been submitted to the university so students have to continue this project.

Hi,

Outernet will switch to the Ku Band in the next few weeks/months and will provide the service over new beams. You need the new Dreamcatcher 3 version and an standard TV LNB to receive the new signal.

regards,
Manuel

What about dreamcatcher v 2.03 kit? Can get signal from this kit?

You can not get the KU signal with the DC 2.03 because it can not power the LNB nor tuning to the frequency needed. The current skylark build is also not useable for the new KU Band Beam.

The new DC3 has a new receiver in it and also comes with a Display and Speaker: https://outernet.is
The only thing you need extra is a standard LNB for satellite TV reception what should be quite cheap. Here in Germany you can get one for around 5€ from ebay.

Here is the Thread: We Moved!

regards,
Manuel

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any other projects that can run on DC 2.03?

Can I use KU band antenna and DC v2.03 to get the signal?

From what I can tell, no. @Syed has already announced that they will not be manufacturing the add-on board that you see in this photo. The new DreamCatcher board will include some of that hardware that is needed to receive the Ku Band signal.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

In the future there will be a USB device that can be used with Dreamcatcher 2.03

1 Like

Now what I can do with DC v2.03? Students have to do the project because they have submitted the project synopsis to the university. They have to continue with this project only. Tell me the solution.

1 Like

I suggest that they complete the project in the coming week or so, while the signal is still available.

1 Like

Yes, Alphasat is still transmitting.

1 Like

But I am not getting the signal here. What is the problem ?

1 Like

@rajouternt Did you check that you are using the new frequency for Alphasat?

1 Like

How to select Alphasat frequency? Because I am not getting options for selecting frequencies.

Let your students study the forum. I presume learning how to find information is more rewarding than
asking such simple questions and requiring some volunteer to reply to them individually.

1 Like

search the forum…there is more then one post about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have your students join the forum so they can search for the information they need and ask other people any questions they need answered. An important take-home from their project should be learning how to research things. Besides, we would love to hear what their project is about and also would love to have them stay with us on the DreamCatcher 3.0 project when that comes out.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Did your student find the new Alphasat frequency?
Are you at Portland State?

–Konrad, WA4OSH