Skykark 4.4 External Storage

Several forum members have experienced difficulty connecting external storage to their CHIP/Lantern devices.

So far, we have only been able to successfully add 32 GB Flash Drives formatted FAT32. The CHIP documentation says one can add FAT 32, exFAT, NTFS, and ext3. What is the current status on this issue?
Ken

Well this isn’t a flash drive but I just successfully connected a 500gb external hard drive (fat32) to chip running skylark. The file systems supported is controlled by the OS not hardware. So the chip documentation would say that because the OS that NTC provides support those file systems. As I pointed out in the other thread @Abhishek has limited the supported file systems to fat32, ext2, ext3, and ext4 to make things more stable.

Does your Skylark show an External Drive connected when you look at the File Manager? The one showing below is my 32 GB Flash Drive. That’s where I download files to run on my PC like Rachel. I tried a 1 TB Western Digital Passport drive FAT 32 formatted, but couldn’t see it in the File Manager. Ken

Yes it is, although I am not sure why I don’t have a downloads folder under Home. I plan on trying Rachel with this setup later but I still have another 2 hours before it is done extracting.