Volunteering for Outernet

I’d like to shoot a documentary.

Greetings
If you have a documentary I shall be glad to give promotion to it
I run several Television channels
Mettavihari

fantastic,
I can see that all the volunteers can make this happen

Hi Everyone. We all really appreciate the enthusiasm in this thread. I know we still haven’t signed volunteer projects that are in line with everyone’s interest, but it’s something we’re working on. In the meantime, though, could we ask this list of volunteers to help with getting the word out?

We occasionally engage in social media campaigns to highlight new updates or new features, could we request your assistance in amplifying Outernet’s voice?

If you’d like to help right away, here is a campaign that requires more votes:

http://louder.org/links/7jE

It would be great if we made it to first place by tomorrow. Please sign up and vote for Outernet.

Thanks!

Hi,

Something I would be interested in doing volunteer-wise is actually traveling to the countries/cities that are in need of internet access and have no way of learning about Outernet because, ironically, they don’t have internet.

Is there an opportunity like this, or would it be more of me traveling around handing out pamphlets on my own?

Thanks!
Zoe

i would like to contribute as a volunteer in srilanka because i here we have to face so many problems with getting contents,like limitaion of data and slow and some times networks are down so we want OUTERNET to access the those content whenever we need it and i have big target to do something to improved the communication on Sri Lanka,so i think this will help it to do so and expand to rural are schools and provide them access to those learning materials and open the gates to access the world.

Hi Syed,
I live in NYC and would love to help your mission. Here are a few ideas oh how, though I would love to meet for coffee and brainstorm one day.

• Local support for events – I have organized 7 small fundraisers over the past 5 years
  • Networking – I have been on the board of a national non-profit and know a few cool people
  • Online marketing – I manage an agency team of 20 and we might be able to do a pro bono project

Best of luck,
Adam

Hello Syed,

I am a network engineer still going to collage and Network Security Major ( also in collage still) I am a hardware and software tinker and i also do repair on almost any and all devices. This is what i can offer as of now and more will come as i learn more also.

• Network analyst and wide spectrum Analyst.
  • Software and hardware Beta Tester/Debugger .
  • I have worked with Game Devs like Blizzard, EA, Activition,Google, and many more Indie Devs.
  • I have extensive Forum Admin and Moderator knowledge with many forums including but not limited to phpBB, Invision power, MyBB and more.
  • I have Done multipule Tutorials for Wide Spectrum Radio Analyzers and WiFi Analyzers.

Also much more. I am able to mostly do things at night after work since i have working 6-7 days a week for around 50-60 hours a week.

Best of luck and i will be following and ordering a Lantern.
-Jeff

This could be the most important breakthrough that Humanity has ever seen and it must be presented with enough passion. My strengths are that I believe that Outernet will change billions of lives for the better and I am able and willing to help tell the world about it. @Syed

Unfortunately, we don’t have a program like that just yet. But if you wanted to find the source of funding to allow us to create it, then this would be great!

We don’t have full-fledge documentaries, but we did produce these two videos. It would be great if they were aired on tv.

@IIIxXII Yes! Please feel free to shoot one.

@id8 Do you also design digital user experiences? We are currently redesigning the home page and would like our content stream to the be the main focus.

@alberto_lc We hope to acquire bandwidth on Satmex-6 very shortly. It would be great if you could monitor that signal in Bolivia and also create Spanish documentation.

@Yinka Do you currently live in Africa? We need monitors of the IS-20 signal there.

@NCD1998 We don’t actually have ping times, as this is a broadcast system. But it would be great if you could build a receiver and monitor the signal.

.Hello
I am have degree (BSc)on Network and Mobile Computing and Master’s Degree on Digital Forensic (MSc), pleased and excited about outernet project , east Africa

With regards
I Ahamed

Hi,

I would like to congratulate you all on your success with the outernet!

I work as a RF engineer at a DTH company in the Philippines. Its good to know that you have now Asiasat 5 to broadcast outernet. I may be able to monitor the signal in the Philippines through an analyzer.

For now I been trying to build my receiver but the problem is the usb dvb s2. I have everything set up except on this device with I read in the forums is really hard to find in SE Asia.

If I may, I would like to ask/suggest, if it is possible to receive the output through transport stream (mpegts), or maybe OTT of some IRd/setup box and stream the data to a linux machine (rpi).

Me and my team are really excited on your project and looking forward to introduce it in our community to help remote areas specially schools to have access to outernet.

thanks!

Hello fellow outernetters. My name is Brian McIntosh and I am located in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia, Canada.

I am building my first Pi based satellite system … parts are on the way.

My goal is to get the local youth center and maker space interested in this project, and to build a few satellite receiver systems and get them in the hands of people in countries that can really use them/test them.

I am a satellite communications, RF, Systems Engineer and am planning to volunteer as much as I can.

One thing I am going to look at when I build my system is to get some efficient battery/solar power for the Pi, get some really good documentation so someone with little experience can set up one of these systems. If all goes well, I hope to donate a couple of complete systems

I live in an area that needs to have some more high tech industries and I am hoping that we can get some good press around this project for us locally, and for the project in general.

So, there you are. Happy outerneting, everyone!

Cheers,
Brian

@bmcintosh welcome to outernet we are glad to have you here wish u all the best…dont forget to share the images of the system (: … you can always drop me a message incase of anything (:

@pvdcruz Were you ever able to receive the signal?

Please feel free to add to our documentation here: https://wiki.outernet.is/