Weather Data use

How to use the Jason/weather data. For the life of me I can not find the application to use the Jason/weather data. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 as my receiver (not CHIP). Anyone know 2 what Raspberry pi software I can use to “import” the weather data into to use?

You need the weather app. I don’t know if it is still on the carousel, but you can download here:

https://archive.outernet.is/images/Weather/

Upload it to your opaks folder and it should extract and install. Then as long as you have all the weather data needed the app should automatically run when you open the weather folder in librarian.

@demandzm

How can I upload it to opaks folder ?

using an ftp software like FileZilla. I don’t remember if there is a way to upload using the librarian interface, I only used it for about a week.

1 Like

@demandzm

Can’t I do it with Windows explorer as normal usb stick with rxOS folders?

in the user manual it says as image below but it i can’t move the data from the usb stick to Raspberry sd card.

You can use windows explorer. Type this into windows explorer address bar: ftp:/"ip of raspberry pi"
without quotes. Then right click, login as, use your outernet login. You should then be able to drag and drop the file into the opaks folder.

it says there is no enough permission.

Did you sign in?

@demandzm YES!

Can you post a screenshot of the message?

This is the ftp settings in the outernet

and this is the device storage in the outernet

I meant the message telling you that you don’t have permissions to access ftp.

unfortunately, it doesn’t appear anymore !!

Good, does that mean it is working?

this is the message

even I have the weather app in the main folder but I can’t move it within the device

The FTP on the Librarian is specifically “Read Only” as it says in the top screenshot, thus you can write a file like that.
I think you will have to log in using ssh and then put the file there…

I didn’t know that, I only used Librarian for about a week and never had to use ftp.

Aren’t there any other option?

Yes you can use scp.
That works fine when using the outernet user and password and the proper destination directory.
Logon via ssh first to explore the system and see where to put things.
(normally /mnt/downloads is the location you want)