“ You are not allowed to use this App/API ”

Using Skylark v 4.4 with SDRx 1v06.1 -Country: Bahrain- Middle East
When I select the Tuner icon I get the following message:
“ You are not allowed to use this App/API ”
And the Satellite tab is empty and on the status tab I get the following reading:
SNR (dB) between (-3.39 to +0.87)
Lock No
Frequency 1545.94
Symbol Error Rate 0
Packets received 0

Kindly advise.

I think you need to log in,

U: outernet
P: outernet

However you should also know that the existing broadcast will stop sometime this month.

I’m afraid you’ll have to buy new equipment to receive, but if you do there will be more content coming down.

Syed, I think you could add what sam_uk said to ram2507, at the top of this forum

That information is also in the manual i think.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I did loged in using “outernet”

I bought 3 equipment and I was wondering why the existing broadcast will stop sometime this month? are these equipment became redundant?

I was not so clear on your last paragraph. “buy new equipment to receive, but if you do there will be more content coming down.” can you elaborate more?

Regards

The existing frequency is very expensive to broadcast on, so the current model doesn’t work financially.

They are shifting to a frequency most often used for TV signal, so it will be cheaper to broadcast, and also enable more content.

Unfortunately it means the kit we have is useless and we need to buy more. However it should make the business case more viable in the long term.

More here:

http://forums.outernet.is/t/outernet-3-0-30kbps-now-100kbps-eventually-even-smaller-antenna/4395

Thank you for your reply.

Are these kits avialable now for ordering?

Regards,

hopefully soon @ram2507