Bandwidth Reduction - Tied To Radio Sales (alternative funding)

Yes, I recall a few people using DC3 for uplinking directly to QO-100. I don’t think they were using LoRa, as the channel bandwidth was too large for narrowband usage. I believe it was the CW mode that was used.

I think all the people with these great new ideas need two day ZOOM sessions. And If more sessions are needed, then schedule them. My opinion is narrow bandwidth is not moving forward. Many of us are willing to donate to a good final plan.
Don

@donde I think there are some people willing to fund a wider channel through a direct contribution, but it may not be enough to keep it going longer term. Taking on a 1 MHz lease is about $25,000 per year (a bit more, actually).

Understand. That is high. Would The National Science Foundation or a world organization help?

just threw some cash at the donation page hopefully that will help some.

I threw some cash as well. (I appreciate new function of sending messages from web.)

2 Likes

Oh wow that would be easy. Yes perhaps contact them first. Someone sent data messages via the bird using 2.4ghz and an amplifier w/o discussing with them first. While they were interested, not so interested in the fact it was sent with out discussing. Maybe a test to just send a hello world message and see if someone else can decode. I wish I was in the foot print of this bird it is an amazing asset to ham radio.

Hi Lin,
How is it that you are not within the footprint of SES-2? Your address on QRZ.com is! Are you currently out of the US?
Jerry (W0HU)

I think he was referring to QO-100 (Es’Hail-2) which is located at the 25.8E slot and below the horizon for all of North America.

Oh. Sorry, I thought we were in a discussion of messages on the Othernet.
J.