Broken Display Dreamcatcher 3.03

I have finally made it back stateside and ready to get to tinkering now that I’ll have coverage!
Unfortunate, my Dreamcatcher’s screen broke in transit and I am unable to reset the configuration to login to Skylark 5.05 as “othernet”.

I took a look at the screen on www.buydisplay.com using the following model (ER-TFTM024-3)

Easy to find, however, the configuration of the screen requires some more information before checking out. The information I am requesting is the interface type (Pin-header FFC 8080 16-bit, etc), the power requirement (5v or 3.3v). I obviously need the touch screen and no front chip.

Any help would be amazing!
I’m glad to be back and working with you all again!
Respectfully,
Marcel

This is the correct config:
https://www.buydisplay.com/default/qvga-2-4-inch-tft-lcd-touch-shield-320x240-serial-module-display-ili9341

2 Likes

Thanks - - I have one broken screen too. Ken

Thank you so much for the quick reply! Order is in!
This is a great reference just in case it happens to others.
:grin:

Marcel, who did you buy the touch screen from, and what was the pin configuration you ordered? Ken

Ken,

I bought my replacement screen using the following link and referred to the image provided by Abhishek in a post above for the correct configuration.

• INTERFACE - Pin Header Connection 4-wire SPI
  • POWER SUPPLY - VDD=5.0v
  • TOUCH PANEL - 2.4" Resistive Touch Panel with Controller
  • FONT CHIP - Leave Blank

I got the express DHL shipping and have it up and running since this morning (EST).

3 Likes

Great - - thanks for that info. Now I can proceed. Ken

did either of you have this problem when ordering from buydisplay? I just received my replacement and it is slanted as hell. I reached out to the company, awaiting their reply.

I didn’t buy a new display. Ken