Chip shut down after connection the SDR

I received my Outernet parcel today (Chip computer, SDR, Amplifier and Antenna)…

I connected every thing and plugged in the power source… Nothing happend… Just one LED on the Cip board lit on for a short time.

So I disconnected everything and just connected the power supply to the Chip… Both LEDs on the Chip board lit up and I saw the Outernet wifi on my tablet. I could connect to the wifi and set up the user + satellite. Everything looks fine.

But as soon as I connected just the SDR again to the Chip… The Chip shuts down.
No wifi… No LEDs… No Outernet… A famous doctor would say now… “He’s dead, Jim!”

As a QA Manager (that’s my job) I tried several option…

• Two different of power banks… Nop… Same problem… One LED lit up once… Chip shuts down…
  • Two different Power supplies… Nop… Same problem… One LED lit up once… Chip shuts down…
  • Connecting everything carefully… Connection a power supply… Nop… Same problem… One LED lit up once… Chip shuts down…
  • Connecting another USB device to the Chip… Works fine… Both LEDS… I can connect the the wifi…

So… Is the SDR now the device causes the problem?

I’m a bit disappointed… Please help…

plug it all in , then when you add power the light should flicker/flash briefly , then just hold down the power button and it should start up

1 Like

Sweet solution…

I connected a power supply… LED lit up ones… Hold down the power button… And…
Seems to work…

“Jim, I feel I could cure a rainy day!” - Would the famous doctor say :wink:

Thanks a lot!!! … :wink:

1 Like

same thing happened to me , certainly had me stumped for awhile

1 Like

Librarian wont auto boot, but if you are running skylark and you have this problem check your power supply voltage under load. It has been my experience that anything under 4.8v will cause CHIP to fail to auto boot.

Hallo @weltraumpirat

I know this is an elementary question, but could you please explain your setup in a bit more detail?

1. CHIP computer
  2. By SDR, Is this an SDRx board? or an RTL-SDR dongle?
  3. Amplifier … are you using an LNA? What kind? Does it need a bias tee?
  4. Antenna … is this a passive patch antenna or an active antenna?

–Konrad, WA4OSH