DC V3 Boards nt longer SDR capable?

I take it that the new DC 3.x boards are no longer capable of being SDR’s for rtl_fm etc. based on the specs and the listed “Integrated LoRa chip…”

Is this correct?

yes, V3 is not a Software Defined Radio platform but a Hardware Defined Radio now.

yes, V3 is not a Software Defined Radio platform but a Hardware Defined Radio now.

Well that is too bad. The DC with the all in one SDR board, was great. Oh well. :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry:

Guess I am done here.

If you move back to the SDR based boards, let me know, I could use about 100 of them.

Perfect little receiver and streaming boards.

Well, is about comparing technologies. You are right, SDRs are more flexible, true. However to reach a final goal where the whole technology can run from battery and can fit in a tiny case (like smart phones) there is no way to go the SDR way (those usually quite energy hungry devices)… Not to mention LoRa technology is best for mobile application in the actual HDR way like we engineered now.

You can still use the old, SDR type DreamCatcher to many application perhaps you can still get a second hand SDRx on ebay etc. those still quite popular.

1 Like

@ScanCaster We will have about 30 units of new-old stock, if you are interested. If you need 100, it could probably be arranged, though we don’t get economies of scale for production runs of less than 1000. Can I ask what you are planning on using them for? Feel free to PM me or email me directly.