Dreamcatcher 3.05 Case Options

How much lower of a bitrate

It’s currently 10 kbps. It will likely go down to about 3 kbps.

Printed so far the biggest part (RADOME…) with FDM printer Prusa i3 MK3 with supports and looks nice.

Sounds like a GOOD plan. We need to get news and weather content to those without those sources. Ken

Just to clarify on content - - with lower thru puts, I think the Audio should be curtailed in preference for data. Ken

1 Like

Agreed.

Finished printing. For LNB I had to enlarge the holder ring and add additional space by shifting radome up by 5mm (done by white ring around the original base)

Thanks @Syed for sharing STL files.

3 Likes

I forgot how cool that little things is!

@Syed so it this closed with the 3d .stl files.
So following this for the two years of messages.

As an update to the entire project of having cases available to the community.

Is this still going to be an option, will we have the availability of ordering the case ?

Are the 3D printing .stl file out of the draft stage and all adjustments made ?

I noticed the recent 3d printed dome, but asking before paying a store to print.

many sincere thanks.

@MichalK is probably the best person to comment on how well the enclosure works. Have you seen any issues with it?

1 Like

yes he’s done an outstanding job, it is a highlight to say thanks for your CAD .stl files as the start.

Ill wait for a follow up :up: and the status.

1 Like

Printing was almost straightforward, but be aware, that all STL files except RADOME_9-17-19.STL are in inches (RADOME is in centimeters). I had to design my own LNB holder, CONE-CLAMP-LONG_9-17-19.STL is for LNB with slim head. Based on your location you may need to increase the elevation angle of LNB, then RADOME could be low, so I had to add additional 5mm ring to shift it little bit higher.
I did not print PLATFORM_9-17-19.STL as I’ve designed little bit different with holder for 2x18650 lipos to have it mobile without any wires. But file is correct, I’ve checked it.
I have used PETG and I did not noticed any signal attenuation, SNR was the same with/without the dome cover.
I had it outside on balcony in -20°C ( -4°F ) during the snow without any problem or leaks, just use stainless screws as they are not covered.

2 Likes

How does one compensate the stl file being in inches when it comes to slicing? Raise percentage? By how much? Thanks, new to 3D printing.

1 inch = 2.54 cm, so increase the size by 2.54. Prusa Slicer (PrusaSlicer | Original Prusa 3D printers directly from Josef Prusa) automatically detect this and asks whether you want to correct this.

Thanks… I’ll also try the Prusa slicer.

I’ve started to print some of these items. Are the modified CONE CLAMP (for 40mm), higher RADOME (+5mm), and PLATFORM for other power setup .stl’s available, or are they proprietary?

Thanks,
Tom

I released everything we had related to the design.

My bad, in re-reading the thread, it seems user MichalK modified some of the .stl’s (required for use with different LNB then they were designed for).

@MichalK are the .stl files for the modifications you made available anywhere? Thanks.

I see the “Cart before the horse” syndrome developing here. That’s OK. But, lets all hope Syed can get all the parts he needs for the “horse”. Right now as we all know, world conditions are going down hill very fast. I will end the war reference now. Anyway, the chips we need are the main concern here. Thanks Syed and all your dedicated workers.