Dreamcatcher firmware 1.06

Can I request that the wifi client length bug get Handled in future at some point?

I have not experienced any wifi issues. Mine connects and stays connected until the 3600 second restart, at which time it successfully reconnects to wifi.

Currently, my system has lost WIFI connectivity. Will reboot and look at the log to see if I can find anything useful to analyze. Ken

Dreamcatcher WIFI Failure Scenario

I have attached the DC log file here
DC Failure Log Friday FINAL.txt (6.1 MB) The log runs from [06.07.2023 - 13:08:02] to [07.07.2023 - 17:41:17] All times are UTC.

At [07.07.2023 - 16:53:38] my DC must have rebooted and could not find my WIFI client - - the start of the failure.

Sometime after the failure occurred, (without doing anything to my DC) I connected to my DC Othernet Hotspot and found 192.168.4.1. It was working fine connected to my micro SD card, downloading file, but NOT connected to my WIFI client.

At [07.07.2023 - 17:17:26], I POWER CYCLED the DC (unplugging and re energizing). The DC came back up connected to my Client WIFI, but did not connect to my micro SD card.

At [07.07.2023 - 17:30:14], I re POWER CYCLED the DC, and it came back normally connected to my Client WIFI, connected to my micro SD card, and downloading files.

1 Like

@Syed
Something happened this morning, an hour or so ago. My DC was running fine, writing files to the SD card, taking downloads. All of a sudden, it acts like the SD card does not exist, all zeros in that column, not downloading files, etc. I re-booted, but still the same. Is the bird off the air?

@maxboysdad That’s strange. Are you still seeing an SNR value?

Yes. 0 to -1. And looking at the files tab, all the accumulated files are missing now, also. It was at around 570 Mb last night.

I just shut it down, removed and re-inserted the SD, re-started it, and it is now functioning again. Ida no, mebbe a crazy old operator.

It is, however, missing around 500 Mb of files it had accumulated earlier, and appears to have had the whole file structure re-written. Also, the downloads don’t seem to be writing to files, either.

So I have 8 days of around the clock functioning without issue. I even lost my network for an a couple hours due to Starlink issues and Othernet found the network again on its own and reconnected. Downloads continue to come in. Everything is working as expected.

Mine has resumed proper functioning again. All files seem to be writing to the SD card. The “format SD card” command messed up my 32 Gb, so I put my 128 back in the unit. Works fine, reports the size correctly, even, records data and plays back news files just fine. I am back up to over 81 Mb recorded so far.

Jerry

Yes the SD Format command is not quite right, I just do a slow format on Windows and it works fine.

1 Like

The same problem occurred again today 14 Jul 2023 1300 UTC. I had to power cycle my terminal two times to get it back on my client WIFI, and get it to start receiving valid packets. Ken

1 Like

just had a random occurrence of it thinking there was no SD card inserted on the dream catcher took me unplugging power and plugging it back in to get it to re detect the SD card just hitting reboot on the web UI did not help otherwise the SD card is saving data. the sd card is a 32gb sandisk high endurance SD card.

I have had the same problem frequently with 1.0.6 Firmaware Version. Ken

Mine has been working flawlessly for over 2 weeks now, I love getting up in the morning and reading the news that has come in overnight.
Outstanding work Syed, thank you!

30 days of running without errors or issues, working very well.

I spoke too soon…looks like everything is running fine, but I received no news after 07/30/23 …a folder was created for 08/01/23 but it is empty and that was the last folder created.

As of 4 Aug, you should have a whole bunch of folders like these in News - - Ken

I got an 8/04 folder today but no files …I’ll try a hard boot and if it straightens out tomorrow.

1 Like

@Daniac Did that get fixed?

No, I’m actually formatting the SD card today…its odd, messages, wiki were still being populated but news was failing. I put a freshly formatted card in and see how it behaves.

After formatting the SD card, it is now functioning as expected.