Dreamcatcher v3.05 and Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB

Hi,
For personal reasons I have not been able to deal with the Othernet for several months. After switching to “8W EUTELSAT 8 WEST B”, I was also no longer able to receive Otherner in Germany. Now I bought the “Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB” (thanks to @tysonpower). Currently I still have skylark-dc-v5.9-2002041129 installed on my Dreamcatcher v3.05. The log viewer reports everything OK. In the tuner under the “Status” tab everything is empty. However, I have only done the alignment very roughly.

Where can I download the latest Skylark version?
What do I have to consider with my constellation?

Many Thanks
Robert

Are you currently pointed at 8WB? We recently switched to Astra 3B at 23E.

I hope the constant changes will end someday.

OK, I have aligned the “Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB” to Astra 3B at 23E. This satellite was used in the past - right?

After a system reset, I made these settings in the Tuner app:

Region: EU (I live in Berlin, Germany)
Frequency: 11.681242
Beam Type: 164
Passive Antenna

LNB: Dual LO 9750/10600

Are these settings OK?
The Dreamcatcher still does not get a signal. :frowning:

Where can I download the latest Skylark version?

Settings are almost OK.

11682.3 V MHz

Beam type: 36

The new beam is very narrow, you might need to tweak the frequency a bit up or down. MIne is currently at 11682.315 MHz

The reason for the ‘constant changes’ is cost of transmission and (the recent beam type alteration) reception tests.

Also, since we are a very tiny customer, sometimes the operator tells us, “hey, we need to move you”. And so we move to a different frequency.

1 Like

Many thanks

I have aligned the “Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB” to the satellite “23.5E ASTRA 3B”. So in the direction as 2019. I have made the following settings:

Tuner App

Satellite
Region: Custom
Passive Antenna

Custom
Frequency: 11.682315 GHz
Beam Type: 36

LNB
LNB: Dual LO 9750/10600

I am now receiving a signal but very weak, about -15 dB. "Lock is often set to “no”.
With the old configuraition of 2019 I had a better reception right away. As I understand it, you do not need to fine tune the frequency on the “Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB”. is that right?

Have you also noticed a deterioration in reception?

Or has anything else changed?

If you receive packets, have a look at the frequency offset. if it is above 2000 try to adjust the LNB frequency in small steps up or down till it is below…Reception may get better if you do this. Also check cables and angles in pointing.

1 Like

The frequency offset is about 1070. SNR (dB) is about -13.

I thought the “Bullseye 10 kHz Ultra High Stability Universal Single LNB” does not need adjustment.

How can I adjust the LNB?
It does not seem to work with the Tuner App. I guess I have to use the “DC3 Frequency Finder 1.12.html”. Right?

SNR should be under around -10 even with a slight Freq offset, just did a quick test with the LNB laying on my desk and looking trough the open window. Got a lock at -9.5 with 99% valid packets without any fine adjustments. A stable lock is possible from -12 db i think, so -13 is a bit to low.

regards from Cologne :slight_smile: