EU Beam Reports - First Station Online!

Hi Martin,
I use the frequency of 11.52970 ghz under the Custom Tab in the Tuner App.
Then select custom under the satellite tab and click apply. Then restart your DC and check if the correct sat and frequency is set in the Tuner App.

Viel Glück!

MFG Manuel

It is because the only country options in the store are Canada, Cuba, Iran, Syria & United States and therefore we cannot get a shipping cost for UK and I assume Poland.

Can the shop ship to the UK ? Is it looking for a UK distributor ?
Regards
Roger

I’m sorry. That is strange, I just checked the form and also Germany is missing in the list. But I can’t remember having any difficulties ordering. Maybe it is possible getting your adress in the system using the express checkout via paypal?

@Tysonpower Danke! It is now set on 11.52970 and beamtype 165. But still no signal. You mentioned you also had some trouble before getting a lock. Was there anything else you had to change? Could the quality of my antenna cable be an issue?

mmm…nope didn’t change anything. Can you check in the log if the LNB is recognised?

Do you have a clear view of the Sat? Also pointed right? Maybe play with the skew and pointing. Where in Germany are you btw.?

regards,
Manuel

I have a clear view. And I am pointed according to the values from dishpointer.com. Also in the log everythin is OK. I just try changing the pointing a bit. Or I will try from another position on Sunday.
I am located in a small village between Heidelberg and Heilbronn.

@Martin We stopped accepting orders from European customers because of the problems with the signal. We’re manufacturing a new front end that can better track the narrower carrier. As I mentioned earlier, we may be pausing the SES4 for about a month until the new LNBs are available (and happy to provide you with a refund during that time).

@RadioHam Strange. Those other countries are places we are legally prohibited from shipping to. It’s illegal for us to sell to anyone in those countries. I think it was an issue related to the settings, which was just now corrected.

Normally there would be no issue with selling and shipping to you in the UK, but since the signal is very weak and we aren’t even broadcasting real data, orders from outside of the US/Canada are not yet allowed. The signal will also be put on pause while until we can offer an LNB with much tighter tolerance (in order to deal with the narrow carrier). If you really, really want a Dreamcatcher now, I’m happy to send you link, but I’m not sure it will be very interesting for you after next week.

1 Like

The reason for not allowing sales to Europe is because we need to replace the current LNB with something that has better stability. That is in the process of happening, but it does take some time to manufacture new equipment. Sorry about this.

1 Like

Hi Syed

New LNB, and a new front-end?..So there’s going to be a DC 3.04/DC 4.0? - Other than Inmarsat/SDR - what can I do with a 3.03 in the UK, if it’s not capable of dealing with the newer, narrower signal?

Thanks…Mark

As far as i understand and with my recent results in receiving the Signal from SES-4 i would imagine that it will work, but maybe you need a small Dish or get another LNB by yourself.

But we will see.

2 Likes

Will there be a new version of the Dreamcatcher to recieve the european signal or will it be enough to replace the LNB and do some changes with the software?

@mw1mdh I use front end and LNB interchangeably. I’ll just say LNB from now on. The current LNB (MK1) has stability on the order of 500 khz, which is sufficient for the wider channel on SES2, but not for the narrower one on SES4. It’s actually possible to receive with the MK1, but there is a bit of hunt-and-peck required. We want to ensure the same, simple reception experience everywhere there is a signal, which is why we need to produce a new LNB. You’ll be receiving a new LNB at not cost. Dreamcatcher 3.03 will be perfectly capable of receiving the signal–that is all that we use on our own remote monitors. Dreamcatcher 3.04 is simply a manufacturing cost reduction, but identical in terms of core components.

@Martin A new version of Dreamcatcher will not be required to receive SES4 in Europe/North Africa. We will also be sending you a new LNB, once it is ready.

4 Likes

@Martin many thanks. Can you recall the shipping charges to Europe so that I can add them in, or did your paypal route do this for you ?

Don’t forget those of us who like to travel will need to be able to buy one of the new LNBs for our portable units. Ken

1 Like

Hi @Syed,
The board without LBN would also be good for us European customers as we probably can get a better PLL locally / use what we have for Oscar-100 (QO-100), saving shipping and import duty.

How can I get a DC3.03 shipped to the UK.

@Syedm, OK, Understood. Just overkeen to get involved. :slight_smile:
Somethig based on the R.Pi / SDR and a PLL LNB to down decode would be good - Have you seen what we are doing on OSCAR-100 in the HAM Bands ?

Cheers,
Roger

@RadioHam We can definitely sell you a 3.04, but are you sure it will still be interesting to you, as the EU/North Africa signal will be paused starting on April 1st?

How long is the EU signal being paused for?

I’ll be patient then :slight_smile:

Sounds skillfull