EU Service Temporarily Down (finally back up)

‘Dish pointed roughly’ does not work well. Dishes have a very narrow Field of View. The Bare LNB has about 20° variance, a Dish 3° - so you either try the bare LNB or point your dish :slight_smile:

Yes, right… this values are freeze on screen… so not useful
I’ll try a better test today.
Using the qo100 dish (80) 25 degree worked at the time.
will test lnb only ( 20 °) or cone ( 10°?).
i’m using bulleyes so the freq is the last problem
tnx all

this is what I get from lnb , guess is the 200 Khz wide stream( 150?)… but is there
Cannot demodulate yet. It say lock but no data

I did double-confirm that we are on the Pan European beam.

rain now, so lost some db… but it is there
This with a 40 cm dish ( well pointed :blush:) and bullseye lnb.

Of course there was also a problem on the sma to othernet socket cable…
tomorrow test with bare lnb and (or) cone.

Got some issues connecting astra.
Anyone, some idea’s?

Thanks

No i can not a signal

You were able to demodulate a packet. Can you adjust the frequency by 35000 Hz?

Does your location require any skew adjustment?

This doesn’t look too good… tied different LNB and Cables. 33cm Minidish on 23.5E for sure cause i can receive the ‘Deutschlandfunk’ SCPC.

[ OK ] Audio service is running
[ OK ] Local audio is running
[ OK ] File service is running

[ OK ] Bias-T is configured on: 0xbb
[ OK ] Bias-T voltage is set to 14.2V
[ OK ] LNB power is configured on
[FAIL] No/Very little current flowing on the Bias-T: Is your LNB connected? : 0x21
[ OK ] Bias-T Voltage normal```

Do you have a 3.03 or a 3.05?

Can you test the voltage and continuity at the end of the patch cable on the Dreamcatcher?

in my experience the D.C. need to be restarted during the tests. sometime freeze on value that seems good or decode only a packet or two.
spent some hours to joint the signal…

The open F-Connector has 14V. Current is not registered when looped through.

— EDIT — it shows 3 mA which can not be correct

Get a connection in Austria with a bare LNB and 3.05 - but only by good weather conditions . I am going to test with a sat dish soon…

HOP

2 Likes

@HOP99 Could you please double check the pointing and skew? You are pretty close to @Tysonpower so your SNR should be really similar.

I have already tried a fine adjustment - unfortunately I do not get a better signal with the bare LNB.

1 Like

Without having reception myself (trying external BIAS-Tee later) the SNR figures for the EU beam with dishes look wrong - they should be in the +10db range and a bre LNB around -8. At least that’s what was on Astra3 with the old beam setting.

This is 33cm aluminium High Precision dish with external Bias-T (maybe additional noise…) of 18V and LNB twisted 90° without skew or neck fine tuning.

the rssi is really low, sure your cable is not broken? i got a rssi of -87 with a bare LNB on my DC 3.03