Forwarding to an old router?

Hi folks,
I love this project, thanks to all who are involved. I see so much potential and happy to stumble on this project.

My question is, I used to have a ardrone2 and was able to hook up my old linksys router to it to get a better range. Worked quite well. I was hoping to do the same on my rpi3. Is this in fact possible? I tried and failed Sunday. I want my neighbors to be able to connect and check out the content. Thanks again for this project…

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, but if you want to extend the range of the “outernet” wifi, the easiest thing to do is get a cheap “Wifi extender” from your favourite website, and put it as close to your neighbours as you can.
go to ebay or Amazon and search for
300Mbps-Wireless-N-Mini-Router-Wifi-Repeater-Extender-Booster-Amplifier

they are very cheap :slight_smile:

@ neil Thanks… sounds very similar…this was the code i used on my drone…

iwconfig ath0 mode managed essid YOUR SSID; ifconfig ath0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up; route add default gw 192.168.1.254

I changed the 192.168.1.1 to 10.0.0.1 and then on my router is 10.0 0.254
Ohh btw I’m a noob at networkign, enought to get by… thanks again

Yes, if you place the receiver in client-mode, it can be associated with another network. I’m guessing you figured out how to do that already?

@Syed Yup tried setting up that. Was able to access it, but I wanted It to default to the my.outernet.is . It’s not a big deal, but trying to make it more user friendly for others to connect to. Thanks …