FREE: 30 SDRx to Good Home (only pay shipping)

Wow! Thank you. Three working SDRs would be appreciated.

How do I contact you?

Gus.

Hi if anyone has a SDRx for sale would be very interested, I bought one to experiment with, mostly for Inmarsat signals however it failed, must say it was great whilst it worked, better than a RTL/LNA/filter combo, Trying to locate another. Please help.

@oceandweller007

Please contact me at GJKastra on my hotmail.com (GJKastra).

Gus.

Dear Syed
I am not aware of the terms you posted , I have one question : is there a device I can buy to enable me receiving free and open internet , browsing, make internet tel calls like Skype ?
From where I can buy?
What is the name of the devise ?
Is it work in middle east like Saudi Arabia and UAE ?
Please advise
Regards
Ibrahim

OK, after I receive the shipment, I will test each board to see which work. Give me a little time since I am out of town and having everything shipped to family (I haven’t even had time to play with my DC3!). Assuming 30 of the 50 work, I will ship the following amounts:

@GJKastra - 3
@SimonThompson67 - 10
@Konrad_Roeder - 3
@lmantuno - 3
@Eartharoundsun - 2
@Toddy - 2

That leaves 7 for me which is perfect. I will contact everyone above after I test everything, no need to contact me yet. I’m not sure how the devices will be packaged, but if they are sealed, I won’t open them (unless one looks damaged) and assume they work.

If there are more than 30 that work, I’ll post here how many extras I have.

As far as shipping charges, please note that I am in the USA.

1 Like

@Syed sent me five SDRX in one of my two shipments. I will test them out and probably give working ones to people in my Software Defined Radio Special Interest Group at Microsoft. I will scavenge parts off of the ones that don’t work. Eg. shields, SMA connectors. I will be giving a presentation on Outernet / DreamCatcher 3.02. in two weeks.

Please keep me in mind if there are three left. I know some Student Hams that would love an SDR to experiment with.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

1 Like

That’s great! I’ll let you know.

1 Like

still available ?
I would like 1 unit, shipping to Brazil

I don’t think you want to pay $100+ USD in shipping. You can do the same thing for less than $50 USD with an sdr and lna.

@Vinicius_Lenci, I didn’t know USPS shipped internationally. @Toddy just let me know. They seem to have the best prices. Send me your address in a PM and I can give you a more accurate quote. Maybe around $60.

Yes, been getting IT/Electronic parts from USofA to Australia via USPS, reliably, for many years…
Most cost effective is “First-Class Package International service”, up-to 8oz/240g was $13.75 - Australia is “Price Group 3” - source USPS website may-2016… could be a little dearer now…
Example: four SDRX’s in a small cardboard box or padded bag would come to around 6-7oz (180-210g).
hope this helps
Luigi

1 Like

Status update:

I received the shipment (thanks again @Syed!!!) . 2 look pretty damaged, 4 don’t have a male USB connector (but one can be soldered), and 47 look promising.

After I figure out how to connect to SafetyNet, I’ll start testing each board. After I’m done, I’ll post for everyone to send me their addresses in a PM for shipping quotes (USPS if possible).

1 Like

I’m having some problems testing to see if these devices work since I’m fairly new to all this. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• Installed SDR#
  • Installed Zadig USB driver
  • Installed Osmocom alternate rtlsdr.dll
  • Installed Scytale-C
  • Installed VB-Cable
  • Set sound playback to VB-Cable (16-bit, 48khz)
  • Set sound record to VB-Cable (2 channel, 16 bit, 48khz)
  • Set SDR# to 1.541450 ghz

I get nothing on that channel no matter how much I point and twist the patch antenna towards Inmarsat 4-F3. I believe I’m at the fringe of being able to receive the signal (I’m in Orange County, California). Below are my results so far:.

When I center SDR# over one of the stronger signals, I still get nothing in Scytale. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

I’m also having an issue with installing the drivers for the SDRx 1v07 boards. The drivers for the 1v06 and 1v10 boards installed fine with Zadig (they both seem to use the same driver). The 1v07 boards don’t use the same driver (I tried all of the boards). In Zadig, I tried to install the driver but I first got a Windows 10 error about not allowing unsigned drivers. I allowed unsigned drivers and then tried Zadig again, but then got an “invalid parameter” error. Anyone have any ideas or know where I can find the driver that will install?

If not, I’ll try to see if they work on Linux.

Well, I’ve tested these enough to get signals on the Inmarsat frequencies, but not working with Safetynet yet. I will be shipping these units as soon as everyone sends their info.

When combined with a moRFeus, these probably make excellent wide-band SDR receivers using the SAW filter and LNA for the IF filtering and amplification.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

This is clever. The input from moRFeus can take an X-frequency band, which would then have a 35 MHz band pass with two-stage amplification. If I remember correctly, SDRx is LNA-SAW-LNA.

If I had some spare time, I’d test this with the super wideband Vivaldi antenna that we have laying around (somewhere).

1 Like

Exactly! I have two PC-board Log-Periodic antennas … almost as nice :slight_smile:

Exactly … now one can scout the 100 MHz - 6 GHz bands with a superhet stage.

The SDRx probably has 8-bit ADC on it … the combination of the two is very similar to a receive-only version of a HackRF.

–Konrad, WA4OSH

Yes, the 8-bit ADC is the RTL2832U that is also found on an RTL-SDR.

1 Like

As you point out, the moRFeus with the SDRx, if properly matched, could be a nice receiver for all sorts of broadband waveforms … at least 1 MHz wide, like the DVB-T signal they were designed for.

Eg. Digital Amateur TV receiver
1270-1295 MHz
2390-2450 MHz
3300-3500 MHz
5650-5925 MHz

Of course, other specialized waveforms require a special backend … like DSSS, UWB and LoRa.

–Konrad, WA4OSH