Galaxy 19 not locking in service

No trouble found :sob:

Since my last posting, my Lighthouse has either had a 90 plus signal level (with lock and traffic download)

or I am getting a 20 - 26 signal level (with lock and traffic download)

I checked my dish setup, and am spot on the beam. I also checked my FTA signals, and they remain solid with no problems when Outernetā€™s data stream signal levels change. I also looked at your FTA channel transponder (now in the radio section), and it remained at its high nominal level without changing in both data signal level situations.

I have also power cycled my Lighthouse during each situation, and it makes no difference. The fluctuations come and go.

Even now with my low data stream signal levels (in the 20ā€™s), I receive traffic fine and have not dropped lock. Hope this makes sense to somebody.

I have not made a log of the signal levels, and wonder, Branko, if my Status Reporting includes that information that you could look at there? Ken

What do you think is going on? Ken

@kenbarbi Sorry for the lack of response by the team. Weā€™ve all been very focused on releasing Lantern and the new L-band service, which can be received basically everywhere in the world with just a 10cm antenna.

@branko Any thoughts on what Ken has observed?

Iā€™ve been consistently receiving Signal Levels of 96 and have not lost lock when I drop to 25 or lower.

Iā€™m not in trouble, but I wonder if anyone else is seeing this kind of performance (note I donā€™t say this is a problem)? Ken

Today, 10 Jun 1204 UTC, Iā€™m getting a signal level of 41 on Galaxy 19 and receiving traffic fine.

Ken

Itā€™s been down for me since yesterday - at least every time Iā€™ve looked. Other signals on this satellite and transponder work fine on my STB. I first noticed it yesterday afternoon, following a local power glitch, so at forst I thought maybe a problem at my end, but the Lighthouse seems fine otherwise, too. Screenshot taken just now:

Our Librarian screen looks very similar to Barefoot_Mikeā€™s, and has for the last day or two. Weā€™re using the 90cm dish/LNB available from Outernet: http://store.outernet.is/products/90cm-free-to-air-fta-satellite-dish-with-lnb-and-mount

Two things look different between our Librarian display (and Barefoot_Mikeā€™s) and kenbarbiā€™s:

1. We have selected the Universal LNB Type, like Barefoot_Mike, rather than North America Ku band, even though the specs seem to indicate it should be the latter. When we use the latter, we get 0 signal/quality; when we use Universal, we get 7/.7 signal/quality.

2. Our Lighthouse firmware is v 2.6.1; Librarian is v1.0.dev2. The versions of kenbarbi are later. Should we try updating?

Thanks for any adviceā€¦

The LNB Type setting should match the LNB you are using. The various LNB types differ in the frequency range and local oscillator frequency(s). The specs listed on the page you linked:

Frequency Range: 10.95 - 12.75 GHz

suggests itā€™s a ā€œUniversalā€ LNB, so thatā€™s the setting you should use. That is confirmed by the fact that you receive signal (even if not the desired data stream) when on that setting, but not on others.

If youā€™re curious about the different LNB types, this might help:

I get no signal lock if I change to universal LNA:

If I go back to North American Ku LNA I get nothing now. Ken

Iā€™m dead in the water now. No sigal. Ken

No signal on anything? By the way, even we ran into the universal/NA Ku LNB-issue.

@H_Neil: Yes, please update the receiver. The latest firmware version is 3.1
https://archive.outernet.is/images/Lighthouse/3.1/

Still nothing. I even power cycled the Lighthouse in case something was ā€œstuckā€. Once it was up and settled again, I still get:

Other broadcasts on 11929 are received just fine, so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s an uplink issue.

See also here: http://discuss.outernet.is/t/galaxy-19-feed-is-offline/2049/7?u=barefoot_mike

It could be an uplink issue. Iā€™m waiting on some feedback from @branko